What did you cook or eat today (January 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would I be any closer if I specified Sapphire And Steel-era Dame Jo, and not AbFab-era Dame Jo (although there's nothing wrong with her; we all need a little Patsy in our lives at some point)?

How about Felicity Kendal? Is that closer? Dame Diana Rigg? Mavis Pike from Dad's Army? You've got me running through all my fantasy BritTV stars!

Miss Brahms from Are You Being Served? Mrs. Slocombe? Is it Mrs. Slocombe?! Are we unanimous in that?!

At least tell me if I'm getting closer, or we'll be here all day...Jo Grant from Doctor Who? David Walliams when he dresses up like a lady in Little Britain (don't judge me!)?
You missed out Nora Batty.

<runs away, changes identity and moves to a safe house>

All kidding aside, I'll sincerely thank you for that, because I do know you make your eggs to the highest standard, so that is the thing that'll make my day today! :love:

I've seen that, and my buddy Mr. Pepin also recommends holding back some of the raw egg and stirring that back in at the end.

Me? I'll eat them any old way; it's more to MrsT's preference. She wouldn't eat the eggs in the second photo; no way, no how, so I just cook them to her preference since I'm not picky at all with them.

I think the eggs in the second shot are too raw, and the final plated eggs are just right.

Hey, I just got slapped in the back of the head, and there is nobody in the room by my dog, and he's curled up on his pillow. How does she do that???!!!

CD

I think the eggs in the second shot are too raw, and the final plated eggs are just right.
...and I will thank you sincerely for that.

I will say this, upon reflection...having lived in the UK for a few years and having eaten out more breakfasts there than at home...I've had puh-lenty of hard scrambled eggs there...but MG is the final word.

...and she will get you, no matter where you are! :wink:

If she tells me she sounds like Lucy Worsley, I will probably spontaneously combust right where I sit.

OK - I don't really know who I sound like. But I do know I haven't got a posh or middle class voice (although I've a Southern accent rather than Midlands or Northern). Its not possible to attach sound files on the forum (I think) or I could do a demo. I'm probably more like Janet-Street Porter than Joanna Lumley but there is a huge scale of difference between those accents. I honestly don't think my voice is particularly attractive. Well, nobody has ever told me it is. Unlike Lucy, I can sound my 'Rs'.

Truffled chicken with a pan sauce and barley risotto.

I made each of us an individual 'Snack Plate'

IMG_0735.JPG

(file photo `cuz I forgot to take a snapshot today)
Diced Picante Soppressata, Cucumbers, Radish, Tomato, Olives, Parmesan Cheese and some sliced fresh Bread.
Wash it down with a small glass of Sauvignon Blanc and that makes for a lovely mid-day meal, keeps the wolves away from the door as they say.

Dinner later will be Fried Rice, Cucumber Kimchi and BBQ/grilled B/S Teriyaki Chicken Thighs, our household's favorite meal, well one of them anyways.

Dessert much later will be No-Bake Chocolate Mousse Pie
IMG_1224.JPG

(I wasn't real happy with my Chocolate curls, but that was my first go at it, so)

OK - I don't really know who I sound like. But I do know I haven't got a posh or middle class voice (although I've a Southern accent rather than Midlands or Northern). Its not possible to attach sound files on the forum (I think) or I could do a demo. I'm probably more like Janet-Street Porter than Joanna Lumley but there is a huge scale of difference between those accents. I honestly don't think my voice is particularly attractive. Well, nobody has ever told me it is. Unlike Lucy, I can sound my 'Rs'.
I'll bet your voice is just wonderful. Never record and listen to yourself, though. It never sounds right on playback.

I prefer to think that Lucy could pronounce her Rs if she wanted; she just chooses not to. Jonathan Ross, OTOH, is an idiot, though. :laugh:

I made Chilean seabass seasoned with sundried tomato powder, then seared in a cast iron skillet in a touch of sundried tomato/roasted garlic infused EVOO. I served it over angel hair pasta with a roasted tomato and tarragon a la vodka sauce, then garnished with sliced red and yellow cherry tomatoes and fresh herbs. So good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom