What did you cook or eat today (January 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband said he didn't like onions, until he met me. Turns out he doesn't like raw onions, but never had them caramalized or sauteed. He loves them now
When I was a little kid I didn't like my mum's pot roast because she had these great big onion chunks. She didn't dice them or the carrots, they were always cut into large pieces. The potatoes, well that was fine, but I always picked away the carrots and onions because they needed to be smaller, IMO. She always wanted me to eat everything on my plate. Thank goodness there were green peas as a side dish, I filled up on those and the potatoes and meat. To this day I still don't care much for cooked carrots unless they are finely chopped in a soup or stew. I guess the same with the onions, I don't like big pieces still.

When I was a little kid I didn't like my mum's pot roast because she had these great big onion chunks. She didn't dice them or the carrots, they were always cut into large pieces. The potatoes, well that was fine, but I always picked away the carrots and onions because they needed to be smaller, IMO. She always wanted me to eat everything on my plate. Thank goodness there were green peas as a side dish, I filled up on those and the potatoes and meat. To this day I still don't care much for cooked carrots unless they are finely chopped in a soup or stew. I guess the same with the onions, I don't like big pieces still.
Relatable.

I thought I hated garden peas but my mom just cooked them until they were dry husks, yuk

Relatable.

I thought I hated garden peas but my mom just cooked them until they were dry husks, yuk
My grandmother cooked everything until it was mush. My mom often served us canned vegetables, which were/are not my favorite, but she just heated them thoroughly.

I like slicing potato wedges into jojo size/shape and dredging them in a mixture of EVOO, herbs, garlic, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese, then baking until crisp. Yum.
Well, I went to make mashed potatoes for today's pork and sauerkraut leftovers, and found I was down to three small ones, so those are going to MrsT. I'm getting fries 🤨

Well, I went to make mashed potatoes for today's pork and sauerkraut leftovers, and found I was down to three small ones, so those are going to MrsT. I'm getting fries 🤨
You are so thoughtful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom