What did you cook or eat today (January 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I met later in life and both my MIL & FIL had passed by the time I came along, so I couldn't say how she made her croquettes, or anything thing else for that matter, and none of the Aunties, Uncles, my SIL's, nor BIL know anything about what or how she cooked.
Maybe you can get him to tell you without him going ballistic, and then wait a few months (or a year) to make some. And make sure you call them something entirely different :D

My sauerkraut balls are technically a croquette. I think that tater tots and shaped hash browns are, too. love croquettes!

Everybody here including family love them. Served with hot dog mustard and raw tomatoes. That batch will last about 3 months. Entree here I cook from frozen 12 to 15 per sitting. They are in freezer now.
The butter and cream make them moreish.

Russ
You ever really want to wow the grandkids, mix some mustard and honey together. Kids love it! Or at least mine did when they were young.

Well the reason I asked is because I want to know if you were referring to Moorish cooking (like they do in Morocco and other areas of North Africa) or if you were just saying it was "moreish" instead of lesserish" LOLOLOLOLOL

Yeh, I wondered if "moreish" was another of those Aussie/Kiwi words I didn't know about. :laugh:

CD

"Moreish" means it's something you want more of.
Here's an example, from one of my UK Good Housekeeping Christmas magazines:

It's "sweet, sticky, and moreish."

Dinner tonight was mince and cheese pie, family size. Heated up and topped with mash potatoes peas slices of beetroot and onion slices. One of my childhood comfort meals. Thanks mum. :)

Russ
What, no tripe? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom