What did you cook or eat today (January 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miso Ramen with steak.

Just made 40 chicken croquettes

View attachment 79514
I had to look up what a croquette was, never had one, but my DH said, "Don't you ever make that bleep, my Mother made that bleep and I refused to eat those!" :stop:
When I asked him to describe it to me, he couldn't, he just went purple, sputtering, "don't, just don't"
👿

Last edited:
I had to look up what a croquette was, never had one, but my DH said, "Don't you ever make that bleep, my Mother that bleep and I refused to eat those!" :stop:
When I asked him to describe it to me, he couldn't, he just went purple, sputtering, "don't, just don't"
👿
All croquettes are not created equally, babe. Find out what shape his mother put them in and pick a different shape. Also find out what she put in hers and don't do the same thing.

Funny story: my husband won't eat pot roast. Hates it. Equates it to dry, stringy meat with no flavor because apparently his mother made it that way. I make an awesome pot roast. When we first got together he came home one day and asked me what was for dinner. I told him, "Pot roast" and you would have thought the world was coming to an end. The kids loved it, but he refused to touch it. My pot roast is moist, tender, and flavorful, but no way, nuh-uh was he going to touch it. So a few months later I got the clever idea of cutting up the roast into cubes and cutting up the vegetables into smaller pieces before cooking it. I made it pretty much the same way as I do my pot roast otherwise, but when he asked me what was for dinner, I said, "Beef stew." He ate 3 bowls.

I had to look up what a croquette was, never had one, but my DH said, "Don't you ever make that bleep, my Mother made that bleep and I refused to eat those!" :stop:
👿
Everybody here including family love them. Served with hot dog mustard and raw tomatoes. That batch will last about 3 months. Entree here I cook from frozen 12 to 15 per sitting. They are in freezer now.
The butter and cream make them moreish.

Russ

Everybody here including family love them. Served with hot dog mustard and raw tomatoes. That batch will last about 3 months. Entree here I cook from frozen 12 to 15 per sitting. They are in freezer now.
The butter and cream make them moreish.

Russ
You mean Moorish?

Sounds great at any rate (sorry for the rhyme).

All croquettes are not created equally, babe. Find out what shape his mother put them in and pick a different shape. Also find out what she put in hers and don't do the same thing.

Funny story: my husband won't eat pot roast. Hates it. Equates it to dry, stringy meat with no flavor because apparently his mother made it that way. I make an awesome pot roast. When we first got together he came home one day and asked me what was for dinner. I told him, "Pot roast" and you would have thought the world was coming to an end. The kids loved it, but he refused to touch it. My pot roast is moist, tender, and flavorful, but no way, nuh-uh was he going to touch it. So a few months later I got the clever idea of cutting up the roast into cubes and cutting up the vegetables into smaller pieces before cooking it. I made it pretty much the same way as I do my pot roast otherwise, but when he asked me what was for dinner, I said, "Beef stew." He ate 3 bowls.
Tricky trickster you. Love it. :)

Russ

My husband and I met later in life and both my MIL & FIL had passed by the time I came along, so I couldn't say how she made her croquettes, or anything thing else for that matter, and none of the Aunties, Uncles, my SIL's, nor BIL know anything about what or how she cooked.

That's how I spell it.

Russ
Well the reason I asked is because I want to know if you were referring to Moorish cooking (like they do in Morocco and other areas of North Africa) or if you were just saying it was "moreish" instead of lesserish" LOLOLOLOLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom