What did you cook or eat today (January 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truffled parsnip and sausage risotto. Parsnip 2 ways, grated in the risotto and roasted pieces. Yes, I intend to enter this in the challenge, but I had decided to make it before root vegetables were chosen. I found the base recipe looking for ways to use up the remaining truffle, which has now been used in this dish and some butter made up and put in the freezer. It was pretty good. Craig seems to like it better than risotto with just rice.
full.jpg

I did lunch today. Usually I only do breakfast and supper with maybe snacks between. My lunch today was a tuna melt with a glass of grapefruit juice.

Everyone should know what a tuna melt is, but just in case no, it's a sandwich on toast that includes from bottom to top, mayonnaise, lettuce, onion, tomato and baked tuna and cheese. Some folks may simply leave out the produce and just bake the tuna and cheese on toast.
Most people i know make melts in a skillet on the stove top, like you would a grilled cheese. I've never heard of it baked.

H
Truffled parsnip and sausage risotto. Parsnip 2 ways, grated in the risotto and roasted pieces. Yes, I intend to enter this in the challenge, but I had decided to make it before root vegetables were chosen. I found the base recipe looking for ways to use up the remaining truffle, which has now been used in this dish and some butter made up and put in the freezer. It was pretty good. Craig seems to like it better than risotto with just rice.
View attachment 79438
Mmm, I'm trying this next time , parsnips are so sweet here atm.

Russ

Most people i know make melts in a skillet on the stove top, like you would a grilled cheese. I've never heard of it baked.
I put mine under the broiler. Bread, both sides first, followed by the Tuna Salad on one piece of the toasted bread, topped with cheese and then put that under the broiler to melt the cheese and then top that all off with the other slice of toasted bread. No vegetation on there though.

Last edited:
I put mine under the broiler. Bread, both sides first, followed by the Tuna Salad on one piece of the toasted bread, topped with cheese and then put that under the broiler to melt the cheese and then top that all off with the other slice of toasted bread. No vegetation on there though.
Yeah no vegetation on mine, either. I just do a skillet because it's easy.

I made a roasted garlic soup with beans, ham, and some other stuff. It looks like ham and bean soup but it literally screams roasted garlic with every bite. Did I mention it had lots of roasted garlic in it? I used an entire bulb of garlic. Yum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom