What did you cook or eat today (January 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are starting without a recipe, there is nothing to scale down. I did once make an entry, and scale up what I did when I wrote up the recipe, but I was a little nervous about that.

CD
What's a recipe?

Seriously, I've never entered a challenge using a recipe, but I usually write down measurements as I go along. If I can help it, I don't make more food than we can eat in 2 meals unless it's a soup or something else I intend on freezing.

After our sauerkraut balls we had chicken Cordon Bleu and asparagus.

Sweet and sour tofu stir fry. Those big triangles and the squares are a kind of pressed tofu filled with vegetables. If you're interested, I have the recipe written on my YouTube page and the video is there two. It's really good. View attachment 79417
Same tofu balls, but served donburi style. :)
View attachment 79418
I'm digging the rabbit and frog on the bowl. Food looks good!

The menu me and my mother cooked today, was really good, there was basically nothing really bad, except my mother not liking the meat, because it smelled bad.
1. Course: fishterrine, romana salad with beet root and yoghurt dressing, curry dip
img_20220117_183803.jpg
2. course: entrecote, rosemary sauce, celery, arancini
img_20220117_183856.jpg
3. course: cheesecake, orange caramel sauce
img_20220117_183928.jpg
Arancini
img_20220117_183710.jpg
Preperations
img_20220117_183648.jpg

There's still some critic: the fishterrine looked rather horrible, my plating was also pretty bad and the rosemary sauce turned out to thick. The good points: the taste was throughout good, nothing was over seasoned, the celery was not to mushy, the sauce tasted amazing, the cheesecake with the layer of orange caramel sauce was a very nice dessert.

The menu me and my mother cooked today, was really good, there was basically nothing really bad, except my mother not liking the meat, because it smelled bad.
1. Course: fishterrine, romana salad with beet root and yoghurt dressing, curry dipView attachment 794252. course: entrecote, rosemary sauce, celery, aranciniView attachment 794263. course: cheesecake, orange caramel sauceView attachment 79427AranciniView attachment 79428PreperationsView attachment 79429
There's still some critic: the fishterrine looked rather horrible, my plating was also pretty bad and the rosemary sauce turned out to thick. The good points: the taste was throughout good, nothing was over seasoned, the celery was not to mushy, the sauce tasted amazing, the cheesecake with the layer of orange caramel sauce was a very nice dessert.
I love that cheesecake! Looks fabulous. Everything looked good but that looked superb!

A 350 ml Seltzer bottle, I had laying around, blueberry flavour, soy sauce, onion, is what I marinated pork chops in yesterday. Baked them. Some of them just with the marinade and some pork fat, and some on a bed of red cabbage, adding some water and garlic powder to it.
It was really good. Moist and tender and good flavour.

I am awaiting the other eaters to comment.

No good pic available.

I did lunch today. Usually I only do breakfast and supper with maybe snacks between. My lunch today was a tuna melt with a glass of grapefruit juice.

Everyone should know what a tuna melt is, but just in case no, it's a sandwich on toast that includes from bottom to top, mayonnaise, lettuce, onion, tomato and baked tuna and cheese. Some folks may simply leave out the produce and just bake the tuna and cheese on toast.

Tbh I'm not sure as I've never made "normal" chilli. I won't eat anything with tomatoes. The wife has a load of Slimming World recipe books so I just pick something from one of them. These enjoyed it although she said she expected it to be more spicy.
I can show you recipe then you can see how it differs from standard.
Oh ok, so it is a recipe book. It makes it clearer now. Thank you .
Certainly, if you have time, why not.

I did lunch today. Usually I only do breakfast and supper with maybe snacks between. My lunch today was a tuna melt with a glass of grapefruit juice.

Everyone should know what a tuna melt is, but just in case no, it's a sandwich on toast that includes from bottom to top, mayonnaise, lettuce, onion, tomato and baked tuna and cheese. Some folks may simply leave out the produce and just bake the tuna and cheese on toast.
I didn't know that. Thanks. I like a tuna sammy :)

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom