What did you cook or eat today (January 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dim sum. Triangles are spinach and shiitaki filling. The shape that kind of looks like a framed rear end is shrimp, corn and red bell filling. All the rest are pork, cabbage and ginger filling. I ran out of round wrappers and had to use some square ones.

Most interesting. I'd never have thought of pairing them but I can understand how that would work: scallops have a sweetish taste, so the pomegranate molasses would contrast with that. Good thinking there vernplum.

Oh I can't claim creative credit for that - found it on Google, but it did work very well. Everyone wanted more scallops. :)

A throw it together salad and a what's in the fridge from produce given to us salad...

Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, salad onions, beetroot, red pepper, apple, carrot & mayo, aubergine, tempeh marinated in sweet soy sauce, almond feta & a corn on the cob

I would never, ever think of making a chilli-con-carne without tomatoes (pronounced tomatoes). But I'm not Texan; in fact I've only been to Texas once and the chilli-con-carne in Houston was tasteless.

The original chili had no tomatoes. Now, some people uses tomatoes, some don't. I usually do.

BTW, you mentioned your one experience with Houston chili before. One experience. 🤷‍♂️

CD

Last edited:
It's tough for two also, but I have lots of Pyrex containers and I freeze batches for later.

When cooking for a challenge you can scale down the recipe and put an explanation in the notes.

If you are starting without a recipe, there is nothing to scale down. I did once make an entry, and scale up what I did when I wrote up the recipe, but I was a little nervous about that.

CD

Yesterday I prepared a three course menu together with my mother

Starter: fish terrine, romana salad, yoghurt dressing, curry dip

Main: entrecote, rosemary sauce, celery, arancini/risotto balls filled either with anchovies or bacon

Dessert: cheesecake with orange sauce
Fishterrine
img_20220117_053534.jpg
risotto
img_20220117_053653.jpg
Ready to use demiglace
img_20220117_053504.jpg
Started to reduce the demiglace
img_20220117_053349.jpg
pastry shells, two of them brake apart
img_20220117_053429.jpg

The rest of the menu will follow