What did you cook or eat today (January 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuna casserole:

That looks lovely! is it broccoli and pasta, what else do you put in?
Cream of mushroom soup, half n half, gouda cheese, egg noodles, extra mushrooms, tinned tuna in oil, topped with crushed potato chips and garnished with chopped parsley (cooked broccoli served underneath while plating). I seasoned the casserole with lemon pepper before baking. It's simple and good. Thank you!

Last edited:
I exhausted myself today, totally.

Meal was based on the ingredients we are delivered during the week. So with roughly a kilo of potatoes, 500g sweet potatoes, a couple of onions and peas from the freezer, plus the remnants of the phyllo pastry also from the freezer (from when I made a marvelous baklava over Christmas) i made an Indian potato pie. I had a green chili frozen in the freezer as well :whistling: .

Leftovers for me last night, and probably tonight and tomorrow night. I need to eat what I've already cooked before I cook anything new. That's the tough part of cooking for one -- lots of leftovers.

CD

That is nice of you. What does Slimming World style mean? Are you reducing some of the usual ingredients?
Tbh I'm not sure as I've never made "normal" chilli. I won't eat anything with tomatoes. The wife has a load of Slimming World recipe books so I just pick something from one of them. These enjoyed it although she said she expected it to be more spicy.
I can show you recipe then you can see how it differs from standard.

Tbh I'm not sure as I've never made "normal" chilli. I won't eat anything with tomatoes. The wife has a load of Slimming World recipe books so I just pick something from one of them. These enjoyed it although she said she expected it to be more spicy.
I can show you recipe then you can see how it differs from standard.

Do you realize that the original chili con carne, invented in Texas and called "Texas Red," has no tomatoes in it? None.

Nothing "abnormal" about chili without tomatoes. That's the OG chili.

CD

Do you realize that the original chili con carne, invented in Texas and called "Texas Red," has no tomatoes in it? None.

Nothing "abnormal" about chili without tomatoes. That's the OG chili.

CD

I would never, ever think of making a chilli-con-carne without tomatoes (pronounced tomatoes). But I'm not Texan; in fact I've only been to Texas once and the chilli-con-carne in Houston was tasteless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom