What did you cook or eat today (January 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D

8B0C2C13-FC0D-493A-AA1C-35F66C40DEE1.jpeg

I'm just about to start prepping a Slimming World style Chilli Con Carne so it's ready for when the Wife gets in from work.
It's always a bit hit n miss making something like this as I'll only try it up to a certain point. Once the tomatoes go in then I won't touch it again. Nasty things.

Last night we had seafood as our houseguest goes home today & he loves prawns & all seafood.

I put cold boiled king prawns & salad on the table and individual plates of fish & “chips”.

NZ hoki for Hubby with sweet & reg pot oven chips
Crisp skin salmon for our guest & I with the same mix of chips
Battered hoki with just regular chips for my fish hating son.

Was yummy but this new oven take FOREVER to cook potato through. Soooo slow. The salads were a riff on tabouli & a basic green salad.

I don't know how you managed to cycle all over the planet!

I was about 42 when I broke mine. Mine was shattered in splinters at the joint. I was running up some concrete steps in flip flops in the rain to drop off a video (remember vcr tapes) and I slipped. My foot jammed forward hard into the concrete step. That toe was bent in half sideways. Blood was spurting out and bone splinters were poking out of the skin. It was horrific. I am a firm believer that blood should remain on the inside of the body, 😆. Thankfully my husband was driving me. It was 4 pm on a Friday and his buddy from high school was a podiatrist. Hubby called him and he told us to come by, he had just seen his last patient for the day. He was willing to stay late and do the surgery but I just told him to set it the best he could, so he numbed me up, straightened it out, taped it and gave me a boot. You're right I was lucky, somehow those bone splinters fused together and it looks fairly normal. Doc Woods was completely shocked when I came back for my checkup.

My sister needs both hips replaced. She got our mother's hips. She's 6 years older than I am. I haven't had issues yet, hoping I'll be lucky there, too.
Wife had a double hip job about 15 years ago. Its hereditary on her side. Good as gold now

Russ

I'm just about to start prepping a Slimming World style Chilli Con Carne so it's ready for when the Wife gets in from work.
It's always a bit hit n miss making something like this as I'll only try it up to a certain point. Once the tomatoes go in then I won't touch it again. Nasty things.
That is nice of you. What does Slimming World style mean? Are you reducing some of the usual ingredients?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom