What did you cook or eat today (January 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That´s entirely a matter of opinion. An omelette and a soufflé are French dishes.
Better? It depends on what you like.
Bigger? so what? More appetite.
Faster? hey, I can make an omelette in 2 minutes, and I´m not even a Chef!:D:D
Morning Glory Can do scrambled in less than a minute. Lol

Russ

Nothing to eat yet, just gone midday.
Made fresh batch garlic butter. Half pound butter, evoo, parsley from garden and frozen garlic.
Made in about 30 mins. I will use it tomorrow when kids come. Young ones love their bread

Russ

That's what it looks like! But it's really an optical illusion. Very strange.
I know and if you look to the left, there's a 3rd as well. Expect it is to do with the shape of the glass and the champagne bubbles in it. It will be splitting the light into 2 (or more) and projecting the image onto the background.

Rainbows and all sorts of atmospheric phenomenon occur for the same reasons (something I'm particularly interested in).

Agreed. I can't STAND browned eggs, ugh! That's why hubby isn't allowed to cook eggs for me. He made them for himself the other day when I was sick and I hated scrubbing the pan in the sink later. I didn't even see what his scrambled eggs looked like when he ate them, though I had the glory of cleaning the dishes after. It's okay, he ate it, he liked it, ugh. Did I say ugh too many times? One more time...ugh.
Reminds me of my daughter and me, she cooks an omelette, or scrambled eggs, but I get to wash the pan...or at least 8/10 times this is the case. And like you, I do not like it.

I believe in order to become a good through a very skilled cook, professional or home cook, is to understand the craft as thoroughly as possible and take it on as an apprentice would.
I agree with that and have the utmost respect for culinary art, as well as for any other profession.
On a personal note, I am nowhere near a cook, just a home cooking Mom, and I do tend to experiment and jungle away (if such a verb exists), but I understand what it is that I am missing and try to learn the basics of so many things, and this forum has helped me a lot. A lot.
My boyfriend also teaches me a lot, with basics and some basic nuances in cooking that I somehow missed or did not learn or whatever...

unsure if I followed all of the omelette discussion, but still, it was eye-opening, so thank you all.

I love both the proper learning material and the freedom to do whichever is doable at that moment, in regard to time, ingredients, skill etc. Speaking as a home cooking Mom. Professional chef, is an entirely different domain. Much respected and admired, to be honest.

And it is only now that I became aware that I love omelette, most days, as plain as it gets, only eggs, whisked, no salt or pepper, or some days hard boiled eggs, while my daugther loves scrambled eggs, often with sauteed onions or ham stripes. In my dairy days I used butter, now I use olive oil or sunflower oil. In my vegan times, none of the above :happy:.

I came to accept that nutritional needs change. And it is fascinating to me how the human body has so many abilities to survive and thrive on so many different diets...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom