What did you cook or eat today (July 2019)?

We ordered delivery from our favorite pizza place. Craig enjoyed his spaghetti and meatballs, and antipasto. I tried their risotto for the first and last time.

Tomato Risotto today
Tomato risotto.jpg

I'm making a meat sauce for spaghetti using 90/10 beef and nduja. Should be nice and spicy. Haven't decided if bread will go with it.

Salmon Salad, Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook.
First time cooking this.
Main ingredients, conchiglie pasta, salmon, lettuce, cucumber, vinegar, oil (I used flavoured olive oil, truffle and garlic), mixed herbs, salt and pepper.

What worked, nice light summer meal, quick to prepare.
What didn't work, not much really, a trifle on the bland side maybe?

DSC_0114.jpg

First time cooking this.
Main ingredients, conchiglie pasta, salmon, lettuce, cucumber, vinegar, oil (I used flavoured olive oil, truffle and garlic), mixed herbs, salt and pepper.

View attachment 29502

I like that pasta with salmon and cucumbers, but I admit it's a novelty for me to combine it with lettuce. But it looks like a very nice summer meal

Just wanted something quick and tasty, bacon (crispy) fried egg, BBQ sauce and cheese. Then assembled and grilled the bread enough to melt the cheese. 10/10 don't know why I havnt made these in a while.
Never went to pub tonight.

Russ

First time cooking this.

View attachment 29502
Pretty!

I wouldn't think that risotto would travel well...

It wasn't that. It was all the cr@p they put in it. Menu said truffled (oil) mushroom risotto, but it also had a HUGE amount of some kind of extremely salty bacon,, though I don't think it was pancetta, and, if it was, a very low quality. Way, way out of balance for the amount of risotto, plus they had diced fresh tomatoes and arugula that, of course, had totally wilted.

My favourite Hainanese chicken rice shop was open again today. Apparently the owners husband has been in hospital for back surgery.

It wasn't that. It was all the cr@p they put in it. Menu said truffled (oil) mushroom risotto, but it also had a HUGE amount of some kind of extremely salty bacon,, though I don't think it was pancetta, and, if it was, a very low quality. Way, way out of balance for the amount of risotto, plus they had diced fresh tomatoes and arugula that, of course, had totally wilted.

Sounds horrible!

Back
Top Bottom