What did you cook or eat today (July 2019)?

Halibut is wonderful and very expensive here. A gourmet fish! It makes monkfish look cheap. Why aren't you eating it?

Actually, it's only become available recently and it's not a fish to which I am accustomed. Cod and haddock and occasionally plaice were the normal fare when I was a lad. Other than fish and chips and the ilk I don't eat much fish usually.

Actually, it's only become available recently and it's not a fish to which I am accustomed. Cod and haddock and occasionally plaice were the normal fare when I was a lad. Other than fish and chips and the ilk I don't eat much fish usually.

Cook as you would cod. Its delicious.

Cook as you would cod. Its delicious.

Obviously with mushie peas then?

[Which reminds me, there are only two portions of mushie peas left in the freezer. I need to have some dried marrowfats shipped up from Bangkok.]

Breakfast. Scrambled eggs with sour cream and stone ground mustard. After cooking salt and pepper and topped with chopped chives

There is a tandoori spiced halI but from Gordon Ramsay that is very good, though a lengthy ingredient list if I remember correctly.

Chicken & Black-eye Beans (Peas), Balti Spice Recipes. ( A recipe book that came as part of a kit)

Have cooked this before but not for some time.

Ingredients, black eye beans, onions, garlic cloves, turmeric, cumin, chicken thighs, root ginger, coriander seed, fennel seed, garam masala and coriander.

What worked, nice hearty meal, minimal prep - overnight soaking required for the beans, not 'hot' but there was a gentle background warmth.

Nothing that absolutely didn't work but if I had to be critical it lacked a certain something, a tad more spice heat would lift it in my opinion.

DSC_0112.jpg

I used to make pancakes but now she buys from shops pre made, just zap in microwave. So much easier, but not the same.

Russ

Nothing terribly inspiring, one of those El Paso enchilada things.

I hear that "El Paso" taco shells are available in our local Makro. I may go for a few of those.

Back
Top Bottom