What did you cook or eat today (July 2019)?

Aromatic Pilau and Karahi Chicken, both from The Complete Book of Indian Cooking.
First time cooking this.
What worked. A flavourful meal rather than spicy hot food, I got a "You can do this again." one of the highest accolades I get. No interminable marinading or soaking required and relatively little prep.
What didn't work. Not very many bad things to say about this dish. The main issue was that it was not very photogenic, I ran into the same problem mentioned recently in the photography thread, how do you make meat in gloop look nice?

The rice was also very nice and I will be making this again.

View attachment 29305 View attachment 29306 View attachment 29307

Looks pretty good to me.

Russ

Aromatic Pilau and Karahi Chicken, both from The Complete Book of Indian Cooking.
First time cooking this.
What worked. A flavourful meal rather than spicy hot food, I got a "You can do this again." one of the highest accolades I get. No interminable marinading or soaking required and relatively little prep.
What didn't work. Not very many bad things to say about this dish. The main issue was that it was not very photogenic, I ran into the same problem mentioned recently in the photography thread, how do you make meat in gloop look nice?

The rice was also very nice and I will be making this again.

View attachment 29305 View attachment 29306 View attachment 29307

Well I can see its a good dish. The fried onions are great on the rice.

Change of plans as wife went out to a private function, I don't go to them, I could, but prefer not to. I stayed at home and made a burger, it was that good I had a second one. I must have been hungry because I havnt eaten 2 burgers in 20 years. Man it was good. The patties are store bought precooked and frozen. Angel bay brand. Best pattie forever. Should have taken a pic but I was hungry. Contained grass (Yorky,lol) onion burger dressing pattie bacon egg and double cheese. Ketchup and chow chow. (Piccalilli)

Russ

3.20 pm here, just decided fish n chips here in a few hrs. Chip buttie, yum. Best f and. Cs around here are from a Vietnamese family owned shop.

Russ

tacos and tequila

20190705_172923.jpg
20190705_171056.jpg
20190705_171509.jpg

Oh, aubergines, I love them both in savory and sweet recipes. Yes, I did them again.
Chocolate aubergine rolls, spreadable cheese as filling with a few leaves of chopped fresh mint, and a drizzle of chopped hazelnuts.
I'm getting addicted to these guys.
View attachment 29331

Did you post it as a recipe? I can't find it. Must admit I'm not convinced I'd like aubergine in a dessert - but then I very rarely eat desserts at all so I'm no judge! The photo does look appetising though.

Did you post it as a recipe? I can't find it. Must admit I'm not convinced I'd like aubergine in a dessert - but then I very rarely eat desserts at all so I'm no judge! The photo does look appetising though.

I didn't post it as a recipe yet, but I'll do it soon because I really like it
Anyway, I can understand your concern about aubergine+chocolate, you'd only have to give it a chance, maybe...it has been a surprise to me this combo.

Not the prettiest dish or best picture but dinner this evening was monkfish, oven baked potatoes, pea puree and a cold broccoli salad, very tasty.

View attachment 29342

Oooh, I like monkfish. Very robust fish that pairs up with stronger flavours well. Used to use it as a kind of scampi years ago but then the trendy chefs found it and the price rocketed.

Back
Top Bottom