What did you cook or eat today (July 2019)?

I know tomorrow is the 4th of July and we normally make ribs on that day, but I am smoking a rack of baby backs for my wife and I today. Got a dry rub a friend makes and he gave me some to try. Tomorrow it will be hamburgers and bourbon salmon. Watermelon mint popsicles. Potato salad and bal d beans. I got a lot of work to do tomorrow morning

I know tomorrow is the 4th of July and we normally make ribs on that day, but I am smoking a rack of baby backs for my wife and I today. Got a dry rub a friend makes and he gave me some to try. Tomorrow it will be hamburgers and bourbon salmon. Watermelon mint popsicles. Potato salad and bal d beans. I got a lot of work to do tomorrow morning

All sounds good. What are bal d beans?

Broiled fresh wild caught salmon, kale from our garden with lime juice and home canned navy beans sounds like a lovely supper at our house! There are lots of delicious meals others have pictured that get the salivary glands working.

A holiday treat, we don't buy the latest gadgets or have wardobes stuffed with clothes and shoes, nice food and good vacations is how we choose to spend the disposible income we have.

Anyway, back to the food, last night it was Norwegian meatballs with brown gravy and a huge heap of veg. A modest meal but very tasty.

I wasn't being smart. Just commented your beautiful meals. We treat ourselves as well when out or on holiday. When in ozzy we allow $200 a night for accomodation. That's pretty good living over there. Enjoy your break, I'm due one too.

Russ

I wasn't being smart. Just commented your beautiful meals. We treat ourselves as well when out or on holiday. When in ozzy we allow $200 a night for accomodation. That's pretty good living over there. Enjoy your break, I'm due one too.

Russ
Russ, I didn't take your comment as being smart :happy: I wanted to explain that good food and visiting interesting places is what makes us happy, above collecting material things.:cheers:

This morning breakfast was toast and jam then fruit with mixed berry yogurt. I don't understand why people have to put all the food they want on table at the same time, we have 1 thing then go back for something else, it is a self serve buffet not a 1 visit only to the table :scratchhead:

Linguine with Pan Fried Salmon, Readers Digest Fast Healthy Food in 30 Minutes or Less.
I've cooked this before but hadn't realised before I started.
Basic ingredients are salmon, lemon, low fat crème fraiche, dill, courgette, carrot and linguine.
I enjoyed this, it was fast, the salmon needing little cooking time and the matchstick carrot and courgette mixed in with the linguine made it colourful and healthier.
I will be adding this to my keeper recipe folder
Good flavours, if a little on the tart side. When cooking again I will reduce the lemon and crème fraiche slightly.

DSC_0104-01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom