What did you cook or eat today (July 2019)?

We revisited with the Two Hot Tamales (anybody remember them from Food Network? ) via their Mesa Mexicana cookbook. Nachos with refried black beans, Chipotle salsa, and homemade tortilla chips. Plus, we also had plantain empanadas. Dough was ripe plantains and bananas. Filling was poblano chilis, cheese and some of the refried beans. Didn't get a picture of them mainly because I couldn't figure out a way to make them pretty, but they were very good.

2019-07-13 05.37.57.jpg

We have a dozen tortillas left so we'll be having some kind of tacos next week. Those fresh made tortillas (corn) are too good to waste.

Spinach salad using Craig's home cured bacon, sauteed red onion and mushrooms plus HB eggs with a warm bacon grease dressing, vinaigrette.

Steak and shroom pie, from shops. First pie I've had in months. Chicken Maryland for dinner, grandkids coming for a sleep over.

Russ

I ate sprouts, I hope you all are familiar with this word?

There are many different kinds of sprouts, but I assume you are referring to Brussel sprouts? We have them quite often. Bacon, pancetta and guanciale are your friends when it comes to Brussel sprouts!:whistling:

Back
Top Bottom