What did you cook or eat today (July 2019)?

I feel pretty much the same way as I'm now only cooking for two. I know I wouldn't make enough use of it.

Breville has a countertop pizza oven out that'll crank out pies in about 90 seconds. It gets up to that 750F-800F proper pizza oven range and reheats between bakes very quickly. Expensive and they take up a lot of space.

Some serious pizza folks who don't want to break the bank will instead break the lock on their oven door, then set the oven to self-clean mode, because that really gets the temp up there. I've thought about doing the same, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

I'm buying two halibut fillets tomorrow. I'll try and find some newspaper.

If you look at my photo of the fish stall in Canterbury market (front of stall on the right) you will see how expensive halibut is here. I visited at 10 am in the morning (they open at 9 am) and they had already sold out - I was hoping to get some.

fullsizeoutput_4d67.jpeg

Some halibut info and chefy recipes here: https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/ingredients/halibut-recipes

Last edited:
@medtran49
Impressive

Must try.
The plan for dinner last night was quick and easy. Grilled Rib Eye steak, garlic smashed potatoes and salad
I was moving things around in the fridge and found a container of shrimp in garlic butter sauce from Sunday. Not enough for a meal but enough to transform a plain grilled steak into surf and turf with no extra work.

I will. I have some batter leftover that I need to cook today. Craig liked it. I think it needs something, maybe spice. I cut the recipe down for a 7 inch cheesecake, but still have enough left over to make a 4 inch cheesecake.

We had water restrictions last summer, alternate days. I watered every day, I don't take notice of our council, especially when they give licenses to Chinese companies to take millions of litres from our aquifers. I hope our council get voted out, they are incompetent. Just appointed a lady from Birmingham uk at over 500,000 to run the finances. And she doesn't come with a good record. Do I sound grumpy,? I am!!

Russ

Back
Top Bottom