What did you cook or eat today (July 2019)?

^^^ Thanks!

No, I'm the last person who should be anywhere near a restaurant kitchen. No patience and I can't stand having anybody else in the kitchen when I'm cooking. :)

^^^ Thanks!

No, I'm the last person who should be anywhere near a restaurant kitchen. No patience and I can't stand having anybody else in the kitchen when I'm cooking. :)

But you have your own sign??? Reason I'm asking is the wife just bought some black board paint. She wants to write menus up for when we have friends over. On a part of our wall.

Russ

^^^ Well, I bought the blackboard paint primarily as a shopping list tool. I was forever writing lists on whatever paper was nearby, then losing them. Now, I'm in the kitchen, there's the blackboard, and I can just jot it there.

Since I had the paint already, I did two others - one is a list specifically for Sam's Club, and the other is the menu list.

That's proven handier than I thought because the wife was constantly asking about supper plans, and now she can just go look in the cupboard. :laugh:

^^^ Well, I bought the blackboard paint primarily as a shopping list tool. I was forever writing lists on whatever paper was nearby, then losing them. Now, I'm in the kitchen, there's the blackboard, and I can just jot it there.

Since I had the paint already, I did two others - one is a list specifically for Sam's Club, and the other is the menu list.

That's proven handier than I thought because the wife was constantly asking about supper plans, and now she can just go look in the cupboard. :laugh:

Cheers, I used to do a menu on the computer with graphics etc and fancy writing, then the wife used to heat seal the menus. One for every person invited. The black board wall is a lot easier.

Russ

There are times when I wonder why I even bother cooking. Bami moo daeng purchased around the corner for just over a quid.

2 s.jpg

My wife went for the chicken kebabs - extravagant - 5p more.

chicken kebabs.jpg

@MoGlo - Sam's Club is a warehouse store, where you can buy lots of bulk foodstuffs and special pricing on other housewares. We usually get our kitchen paper towels, toilet tissue, bottled water, dishwasher pods, and cereal there.

@MoGlo - Sam's Club is a warehouse store, where you can buy lots of bulk foodstuffs and special pricing on other housewares. We usually get our kitchen paper towels, toilet tissue, bottled water, dishwasher pods, and cereal there.

OK - obviously we don't have that in the UK so I thought it was literally a club of some sort!

Back
Top Bottom