What did you cook or eat today (July 2019)?

^^^ Thanks. I heat my oven and pizza stone at 525F for an hour, and then the pizza goes in for about nine minutes.

Similar to what I do. Have you thought about getting a pizza oven (I have)? I know you said you like pizza and cooked it often - there is one on sale in the UKhas very good reviews which I'm tempted to buy - but I don't really cook pizza enough to justify it. See here.

black ipa, delicious.

20190717_153610.jpg
20190717_143910.jpg
20190717_144918.jpg

We are seriously water rationing at present so cooking with as few utensils as possible or buying in food.

Similar to what I do. Have you thought about getting a pizza oven (I have)? I know you said you like pizza and cooked it often - there is one on sale in the UKhas very good reviews which I'm tempted to buy - but I don't really cook pizza enough to justify it. See here.

I've looked at those and the reviews I've read are rather mixed, plus if I remember correctly, the oven is limited to a 12" pie. I like to go for a 14"-16" pie, especially if I'm making NY style.

I've thought about a pizza oven before, but it's just hard to justify the expense when I can get decent pies from my home oven, and usually, it's just me and the wife (I love to cook, I love to eat, I hate to entertain), so I rarely have the need to churn out a lot of pies in short order.

I'm also trying to keep stuff to a minimum. I've adopted a rule the last few years - if I bring something new into the house, two things have to leave. I really dislike clutter.

I've looked at those and the reviews I've read are rather mixed, plus if I remember correctly, the oven is limited to a 12" pie. I like to go for a 14"-16" pie, especially if I'm making NY style.

I've thought about a pizza oven before, but it's just hard to justify the expense when I can get decent pies from my home oven, and usually, it's just me and the wife (I love to cook, I love to eat, I hate to entertain), so I rarely have the need to churn out a lot of pies in short order.

I'm also trying to keep stuff to a minimum. I've adopted a rule the last few years - if I bring something new into the house, two things have to leave. I really dislike clutter.

I feel pretty much the same way as I'm now only cooking for two. I know I wouldn't make enough use of it. The rule of 'one new thing in, two things have to leave' is brilliant! I also hate clutter but seem to have lots of it. From now on I'll try to adopt this policy.

Very pretty indeed - and those are morning glory leaves and stems on the right, I believe! Is that a large pile of chilli flakes at the top? And what are the whitish dumpling like items?

Could be morning glory, more likely kale. Chilli flakes, yes; the white dumplings are pork meat balls.

Back
Top Bottom