What did you cook or eat today (July 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken dinner. Personally at this time of year I would prefer something a little lighter but she insists it is the day of the week we have to do a roast. I’m working on it so let’s see what happens next week. It continues.....

Service is a little on the fast side, but the food is always good.
Here, that would be a huge plus. I've never met anyone who likes waiting after they've ordered, even if it's a special occasion meal.

When we lived in the UK, that was a frequent complaint with Americans: "The service is so slow! It took us two hours to eat!"

It's also a frequent complaint with my wife's clients who travel to Europe/UK. She even makes a point to tell them before they leave that if they want fast, go to McD's, but if they want to sit and relax a bit, then go to a sit-down restaurant. They never listen.

Here, it's all about money for the restaurant. The faster they can turn the table over, the more they can serve in an evening, and the more they can make. That's why you'll still be eating your starter when they bring your main out, and your main when they bring your dessert out.

Chicken dinner. Personally at this time of year I would prefer something a little lighter but she insists it is the day of the week we have to do a roast. I’m working on it so let’s see what happens next week. It continues.....View attachment 43255
That looks wonderful. In my house, chicken is the light option. :)

Here, that would be a huge plus. I've never met anyone who likes waiting after they've ordered, even if it's a special occasion meal.

When we lived in the UK, that was a frequent complaint with Americans: "The service is so slow! It took us two hours to eat!"

It's also a frequent complaint with my wife's clients who travel to Europe/UK. She even makes a point to tell them before they leave that if they want fast, go to McD's, but if they want to sit and relax a bit, then go to a sit-down restaurant. They never listen.

Here, it's all about money for the restaurant. The faster they can turn the table over, the more they can serve in an evening, and the more they can make. That's why you'll still be eating your starter when they bring your main out, and your main when they bring your dessert out.

Well I meant that they remove clean plates ( it's an all you can eat sushi place) while you still chew your last bite.
But otherwise you determine the pace as you use an ipad to order.

Usually fast service is indeed a plus, but this can be a little uncomfortable.

Well I meant that they remove clean plates ( it's an all you can eat sushi place) while you still chew your last bite.
But otherwise you determine the pace as you use an ipad to order.

Usually fast service is indeed a plus, but this can be a little uncomfortable.
A few years ago, for our anniversary, we went to a restaurant that billed itself "Cincinnati's Most Romantic Dining Experience." It dealt in the usual stuff, like chops and seafood flown in daily, that kind of thing.

The service was absolutely horrendous. There were mistakes made at every point of interaction with the staff. It became a joke as to what they were going to mess up next.

At one point, we were finishing our mains, and our waitress shoved the dessert cart under our noses and asked what we wanted. A little rushed, but we're used to that.

We ordered dessert and coffee, and before we'd finished the entrees (and wine), she brought the coffee.

Apparently, I wasn't eating fast enough, because I took a forkful of my veg, stopped just above my plate to say something to MrsTasty, and with a good half of my veg remaining, the busboy appeared out of nowhere, snatched my plate, and disappeared. Right under my fork!

At that point, I said, "This is too much," and I called the waitress over and told her what happened, and I said, "I would like to finish my entire meal before you haul it away, so I expect another serving of veg, please." 😤

Well, shortly after that, out came the dessert we ordered. Coffee was completely cold by this point, so when she brought the cheesecake, I asked for more coffee (I still had wine!), then she brought...you guessed it, the beans, followed about 10 minutes later by the coffee!

So I had cheesecake and wine, followed by beans and coffee, and while I'm never happy when people lose their jobs, I wasn't surprised when I read a couple of weeks ago that they'd closed permanently because of the virus.

The only time I've ever been 'rushed' at a restaurant was when it was pre arranged, so I obviously didn't mind at all.

Usual scenario in these instances is where we turn up on spec at a restaurant and they say, "well we have one table free but we need it at 8pm."

We have a few here as well, two sittings for dinner. Last dinner club we had to be there by 6 and that was the first sitting. Didn't bother any of us.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom