What did you cook or eat today (July 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day we had thechickpea fritters with polenta.

Home made lasagna from scratch. Sheets with whole grain wheat flour, kneaded in corn flour. In my opinion our best so far. Junior reached for a second, which happens nearly never.

And the fun and drama ocurred today, when I wanted to heat up the lasagna on the stove, in this beautiful pan, and it cracked into 6 pieces.

Today was a "It's All About Mom" day.
One of the things I did with her was take her out to eat lunch during our running errands.

She ordered the Gyro and a mixed Green Salad for her side, which I asked the waitstaff to please box up for take-out with no dressing ... she half of this which I thought was pretty good for her.

IMG_1913.JPG

I requested the small Caesar Salad with Smoked Flank Steak atop, MMM! I ate it all!
And how small of a pour is that of wine I ask you? (Mom had a sip and I had a sip-think there's maybe 4 four sips left!) $10USD for this!!! I've got to stop having wine when we dine out, it's outrageously priced, sorry, I'll imbibe at home from now on!

Mr. Taylor a local farmer had a clam shell waiting for me filled with zucchini blossoms today. They were picked in the early morning when they open and before the sun causes them to close up, which is vital. Anyway made a fairly simple filling of ricotta, parsley, thyme, basil, mint, lemon zest and juice, sea salt, pepper and parmigiano reggiano. removed the stamens, filled a piping bag and filled the blossoms then dredged through a tempura like batter and deep fried. Made 12 orders and they sold out, but not before I made sure they were worthy lol. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom