What did you cook or eat today (July 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too hot today for hot food. I had a low-sodium ham, Swiss, lettuce, tomato and mayo sammy on a kaiser roll.

CD
The exact opposite problem here. Too cold for cold food... and come the weekend it is going to be 5°C colder. So glad the chimney and flue are working happily again with the stove!

Still have trouble cooking here, everything takes so much energy. I hope my prospects will be better after next month. I ate barbecue chicken today, with sauteed potatoes and carrots. But there's nothing new about that to put a picture up from.

20220727_190828.jpg

Had to get rid of stuff that didn't have enough of or ideas to use in another recipe with what I got on hand.

Homemade dough, mozzarella, feta, and parmesan mandolin thin sliced onions and jalapeños with Julienne red peppers, 4 pepper heat blend with Kampot black pepper on top. With homemade garlic butter.

Last edited:
He still wears crocs with socks.

I have never worn, nor shall I ever wear, Crocs. They remind me so much of the hated bull-nose shoes which my mum used to buy for me for school when the fashion was winkle-pickers. Not that I would be permitted to wear winkle-pickers to school, but in those days (early 60s) I was economically limited to one pair of shoes per year.

I wear crocs proudly..Have two pairs..I use them as intended..my backyard footwear of choice..they are muddy, rarely come in the house..I can put them on or take them off while holding a beer in one hand and whatever else in the other..they are useful tools..

DH & I were out for most of the day running errands and decided that we'd stop at the Asian Bistro two towns up from us as we were on the way home.
IMG_1909.JPG
IMG_1910.JPG
IMG_1911.JPG

During the week, they have a lunch special of either two or three Sushi Rolls and a choice of Miso Soup or Green Salad with Ginger Dressing and we also ordered handmade Pork Dumplings and Edamame (not shown)... neither of us could finish!
That's fine, the leftovers will surly be eaten before bedtime 😉

I wear crocs proudly..Have two pairs..I use them as intended..my backyard footwear of choice..they are muddy, rarely come in the house..I can put them on or take them off while holding a beer in one hand and whatever else in the other..they are useful tools..
Crocs are my garden shoes as well, though they never go past the mailbox. Too ugly by far for public consumption.

County fair (Clermont) for my yearly hobo steak burger and sugar waffle:

After I’d eaten, I saw this:

I may have to come back tomorrow: “One of each, please.”

TastyReuben that burger looks amazing, just take off the Tomato please, you can have that.
What all is on there anyways?
I don’t even know; she asked “Everything?” and I said, “Yes, please.” :laugh:

Hobo steak sandwiches are a SW Ohio county fair tradition. I’ve had one every year I could manage since I was 13. That’s (and the sugar waffle) the only reason I go to the fair. I go in, find the red caboose, get my sandwich, eat it while I’m standing there, then go find a waffle, eat that (and get covered in powdered sugar), and leave. Mission accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom