What did you cook or eat today (July 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crocs are my garden shoes as well, though they never go past the mailbox. Too ugly by far for public consumption.
Sloggers here.
I used to just have to low cut version for outside the house but it's been too wet here this year so I had to :rolleyes: buy the wellies version.

Yep, I have the chooks... saves walking chook shit through the house. That's hubby's job.

At the State Fair of Texas, I always end my feeding frenzy with a funnel cake, which is basically pancake-like batter drizzled in hot oil to deep fry. It is finished by dusting with powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar).

That and a Fletcher's Corn Dog are the only deep fried food I get at the State Fair -- the original corn dog, no matter what anyone else says. You wash it down with outrageously overpriced beer.

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 9.23.05 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 9.32.37 PM.jpg

CD

I wear crocs proudly..Have two pairs..I use them as intended..my backyard footwear of choice..they are muddy, rarely come in the house..I can put them on or take them off while holding a beer in one hand and whatever else in the other..they are useful tools..
Mine and hubby's Crocs are house shoes! They are great to wear indoors, cushiony in the kitchen.

Brunch was eaten out, we both had Po Boy. That was basically locally grown oyster mushrooms cooked in tempura served with various sauces and various salad bits all served in a crusty bap (bread roll). It was very good but totally uninspiring to photograph!

Lunch was a pumpkin & ricotta (vegan) roll and a vegan sausage roll.

This evening will be a light meal, I'm thinking one of the protein pastas (made from red lentils, chickpeas and another bean flour) with a dairy free pesto. I'll try to get a photo..

Sloggers here.
I used to just have to low cut version for outside the house but it's been too wet here this year so I had to :rolleyes: buy the wellies version. View attachment 88323
View attachment 88324

Yep, I have the chooks... saves walking chook shit through the house. That's hubby's job.
Wellies are on my shopping list when we’re in London in two months.

Prepared most of the food for today's BBQ
potato salad with fried onions View attachment 88329
tomatoes for bruschetta
View attachment 88330
Vegan chicken breast
View attachment 88331
700g of german beef filet
View attachment 88332
Mousse au chocolat
View attachment 88333
Sweet Applechutney
View attachment 88334
Looks delicious!

I too had covid with absolutely no effect. A blood test picked it up. They couldn't believe I had absolutely no symptoms at all.

Russ
Very lucky for you. My Dad and my daughter picked up covid recently. My Dad had severe throat ache, but it is getting better now after antibiotics. Kid was fine after twodays, with just a slight headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom