What did you cook or eat today (July 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dinner was creamy tuna pasta
1659121057752.png

My dinner was creamy tuna pasta
View attachment 88381

We have a casserole in the US that goes back to the 1950s, called tuna-noodle casserole.

While there are countless variations on tuna casserole, historically it is made with egg noodles, chopped onion, shredded cheddar cheese, frozen green peas, canned and drained tuna, condensed cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup, sliced mushrooms and crushed potato chips. The cooked noodles, onion, cheese, peas, tuna, soup and mushrooms are mixed in a baking dish, with the potato chips and more cheese sprinkled on top, and then baked. - Wikipedia

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 2.08.05 PM.jpg

CD

Prepping for tomorrow family dinner
Isla is 13 and being treated.
Her choice is tandoori lamb cutlets with rhaita and tamarind. I got 19 cutlets
Main steak sandwiches. With onion cheese relish etc. Fried egg is optional.
Dessert crepes and custard. (Mine)
I cheated with crepes as store bought.
Her birthday is tomorrow.

Russ

Playing catch up

Thursday night I was too tied to cook, so bailed to an easy meal.

Lunch on Friday hubby cooked the vegan chicken sausages (yeah, OK, but not again) with a very ripe avocado on sourdough toast.

Saturday night moved to Friday because of plans.

Lunch again cooked by hubby because I was asleep.

Evening meal prepared by me from scratch. Only the noodles were ready made. I had to adlib a little with the recipe being unable to obtain Shoyu soy sauce, and once cooked the sauce was too spicy, so had to be toned down with some coconut cream. I should probably have left the 4 chillies whole rather than quartering them to boil in the sauce. One was different from the others and i think it was much hotter because normally we are good with very spicy but not today.

Last edited:
Mr. Taylor a local farmer had a clam shell waiting for me filled with zucchini blossoms today. They were picked in the early morning when they open and before the sun causes them to close up, which is vital. Anyway made a fairly simple filling of ricotta, parsley, thyme, basil, mint, lemon zest and juice, sea salt, pepper and parmigiano reggiano. removed the stamens, filled a piping bag and filled the blossoms then dredged through a tempura like batter and deep fried. Made 12 orders and they sold out, but not before I made sure they were worthy lol. Cheers
Oh bliss!
Do I love those things, or do I adore them? Fantastic!
We are singing from the same hymn sheet karadekoolaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom