What did you cook or eat today (June 2019)?

Given my husband is away from home at the moment, lunch and evening meals are being eaten the other way around. To me it has always seemed wrong to be eating my main meal at the end of the day when I want to go to sleep.

So lunch was pumpkin gnocchi with homemade vegan cheese sauce and a touch of vegan mozzarella.

20190621_181425.jpg

Evening meal is (vegan) cream of leek and potato soup that I made this morning.

I'm too exhausted to bother too much about presentation after a busy afternoon stacking a ton of wood that was delivered during the week plus some gardening. I needed to clear up the branches pruned off various apple, pear and quince trees. I still have another 10 plus trees to do!

20190621_182550.jpg

Given my husband is away from home at the moment, lunch and evening meals are being eaten the other way around. To me it has always seemed wrong to be eating my main meal at the end of the day when I want to go to sleep.

So lunch was pumpkin gnocchi with homemade vegan cheese sauce and a touch of vegan mozzarella.

View attachment 28805

Evening meal is (vegan) cream of leek and potato soup that I made this morning.

I'm too exhausted to bother too much about presentation after a busy afternoon stacking a ton of wood that was delivered during the week plus some gardening. I needed to clear up the branches pruned off various apple, pear and quince trees. I still have another 10 plus trees to do!

View attachment 28806
What is the recipe for the Cheese.

What is the recipe for the Cheese.
Which cheese? They are all vegan because I'm allergic to dairy (potentially fatal allergy, anaphylactic shock). There was a vegan cheese sauce homemade, along with a camembert style vegan cashew nut cheese, homemade and final a shop bought vegan mozzarella that had little taste but did melt and was stringy. It would work better on a pizza but it was the first time we had tried it. Most fail to melt and taste awful. This one was actually OK. the homemade cheeses are excellent even if I say so myself and are from the vegan cookbook "this cheese is nuts", but I have modified them somewhat.

Exhausted tonight after a long day driving so I had cheats vegan maccaroni cheese using cheddar substitute and cream 'cheese' and a pinch of chilli flakes. It was surprisingly tasty.

Back
Top Bottom