What did you cook or eat today (June 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got meat smoking on the Weber. I had to set up the patio umbrella to keep the Weber in the shade. I've found it is easier to hold a temperature in the shade.

It's a hot day. 97F/36C. Humid, too, from all the rain water in the ground.

CD
Here, it's 86F, with a heat index of 91F, but the humidity is reasonable. Mowing today, and pasta later.

Today's meal was a quick sandwich fix, - pastrami and cheddar cheese sandwiches.

full.jpg

Not in our house. We eat light meals and with rice, veggies, etc. that's quite filling enough. One thigh per person is plenty. I think Russ has several small people in the house to feed, like 2-3 grandkids? I am sure that they don't eat a lot...yet, LOL!

Yip, 4 young uns, 7 to 11, and they are big eaters. Hate to think how much later on as they get older. Miss 11 even asked me to make a meal up for her to take home of butter chicken and naan. It was a full size meal. Daughter took one too..

Russ

Not in our house. We eat light meals and with rice, veggies, etc. that's quite filling enough. One thigh per person is plenty. I think Russ has several small people in the house to feed, like 2-3 grandkids? I am sure that they don't eat a lot...yet, LOL!
I too allow one thigh per person. 9 thighs for 10 people, there was leftovers. There was a cheese platter before though. And dessert.

Russ

Eggs on burgers is not common here. It is sometimes done on "specialty" burgers ($$$), but it's not an everyday thing.

CD
Yes...you are right..not that common...I've had it a few times before..it's ok....not worth washing an extra pan for..over the years my burger tastes have gotten very traditional..I like to keep the calories down as much as I can, even when eating high cal stuff..

Eggs on burgers is not common here. It is sometimes done on "specialty" burgers ($$$), but it's not an everyday thing.

CD

My burger would contain grass,lol, ketchup, meat pattie, cheese (double) egg and bacon, and Beetroot. Onions and bun. We also have mcds copied dressing, for burgers. I don't use that. My burger is quite the meal. I often add chow chow.
Our giant burger from hamburger bars contain all of that plus shrooms, plus pineapple, plus tomato. I don't get them.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom