What did you cook or eat today (June 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My burger would contain grass,lol, ketchup, meat pattie, cheese (double) egg and bacon, and Beetroot. Onions and bun. We also have mcds copied dressing, for burgers. I don't use that. My burger is quite the meal. I often add chow chow.
Our giant burger from hamburger bars contain all of that plus shrooms, plus pineapple, plus tomato. I don't get them.

Russ
Burgers can go any direction for us, but neither of us like a lot of different flavors all at once, so I have a big variety of burgers I make, but they all have two or three things on them at most, usually.

Eggs on burgers is not common here. It is sometimes done on "specialty" burgers ($$$), but it's not an everyday thing.

CD

Curious, McD's over here (in Japan) sells several burgers with egg or egg and cheese. It's super common in fast food. So that's not a global trend? :meh:

-----

Yesterday, I was in the import market and decided to buy a jar of salsa and chips then I sat back on the couch and watched Cruella and Spiral -- I rarely eat junk food -- and now I've woken up to the realization that the gym is closed today (for cleaning). :cry:

I guess it's going to be Cloud Bread and tuna today.

Not that pretty, but it hit the spot:

Curious, McD's over here (in Japan) sells several burgers with egg or egg and cheese. It's super common in fast food. So that's not a global trend? :meh:
No, not at all here. While I'll occasionally put an egg on a burger at home, I've never seen an egg on a fast food burger here.

You'd think that McD's would test market it, since they're already making those round egg discs for their McMuffin, but if they ever have, it didn't take off. :laugh:

No, not at all here. While I'll occasionally put an egg on a burger at home, I've never seen an egg on a fast food burger here.

You'd think that McD's would test market it, since they're already making those round egg discs for their McMuffin, but if they ever have, it didn't take off. :laugh:
The kiwi burger here from mcds has egg and Beetroot, it's my go to burger.

Russ

Ok I found some cheese rolls in the freezer. It's a kiwi thing I think, done as fundraisers here, $8 dozen cheese rolls. A slice of bread with a mix of grated cheese and onion soup mix combined then spread and rolled into a stick type shape. He had three and no pics. With a glass of milk. His fave when here as a snack. I had creamed corn and ham sammy. Very yummy. We have more rolls on order. Our sons school made these a lot, from memory about 30,000 were made. Actually I think it was a lot more. You can giggle Southland cheese rolls.
I love them too, 3 or 4 smothered with butter under the grill/ broiler.

Russ

It is 3 am, my vacc arm is sore and heavy, I put the cooling gel pad on(self adhesive).
Took a glass of water.

It would be good to cook meatballs in tomato sauce for kid's lunch in the later morning,before going to work.

The Sacher cubes I bought for her, were actually Sacher Brownie cubes. We read the title on the box more carefully last night. As she says,It does not taste like a Sacher. But still, she had some, with Greek yoghurt.

And I need to roast a new batch of almonds.

I watched a Sicilian Granny prepare fresh semolina flour pasta and aubergine tomato topping, she referred to it as lasagne.

I actually have some store bought dry lasagne pasta blocks, should use them this week.

View attachment 65322

Chicken kebabs for dinner today. Nothing beats the flavors brought out by an open flame. I’ve really become a fan of using a grill sheet. I never have an incinerated exterior with a raw interior, and I still get a beautiful char.

I use those same combos with my kebabs as well, they go together perfectly. 10/10 for me.

Russ

It sounds weird, but it was quite good.
That and the cb challenge reminded me of a visit to the Chocolate museum here in Zagreb. Last summer I believe.

Kid and I had so much fun,and it was eye opening,as to we could taste the cocoa powder, nibs, liquid prechoc something...and they were nothing like the choc we are mostly used to expect.

Fairly small, but nice. Found some pics I took back then.

That and the cb challenge reminded me of a visit to the Chocolate museum here in Zagreb. Last summer I believe.

Kid and I had so much fun,and it was eye opening,as to we could taste the cocoa powder, nibs, liquid prechoc something...and they were nothing like the choc we are mostly used to expect.

Fairly small, but nice. Found some pics I took back then.

View attachment 65326

View attachment 65327

Cool museum, and they mention Hershey, which really is a town in Pennsylvania. It is where the Hershey Chocolate Company started, and is headquartered. It is a fun place to visit, and tour a chocolate factory -- especially for kids.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom