What did you cook or eat today (June 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess who didn't cook tonight 😃
received_306806421156805.jpeg

Using up some leftovers and cube steak from the freezer:

The steak (topped with butter and chives) is sitting on the leftover bread stuffing from yesterday's breakfast - I pattied it out and fried it. The gratin came from using a single leek I thought had already been used up earlier.

Not too shabby for thinking on my feet.

How do you treat the beets? I pickle mine, mostly spicy and savory and not so sweet, so they work on a sandwich.

I boil Beetroot until it's soft, I put clean jars in the oven and heat to 120 deg to sterilise, then slice Beetroot up and place in jars, pour juice over and seal.
Juice is 1 litre malt vinegar and 1.litre water and one cup of sugar, boil and por over.
Here's what I got yesterday.

Russ

Btw once a jar is opened my wife swoops and can can quite a bit right there. I prefer store bought, to which my family still don't understand why. They say mines best ever. That amount will last until Xmas.

Russ

Pork in pepper sauce for Sunday lunch.

In southern Spain, it is associated with celebrations such christenings or first communions. Most restaurants let you choose between a fish or meat main dish after the starters. The latter one is usually this one or its sister version using green pepper instead.

4.JPG

I think you will love this one, Russ :p:

Pork in pepper sauce for Sunday lunch.

In southern Spain, it is associated with celebrations such christenings or first communions. Most restaurants let you choose between a fish or meat main dish after the starters. The latter one is usually this one or its sister version using green pepper instead.

View attachment 65379

I think you will love this one, Russ :p:

We still haven't found green peppercorns yet??
Looks yummy.

Russ

I call this Roman Pizza..when I lived in Lazio, we would eat at a bakery/pizzaria that cooked large rectangle pans of pizza..you could buy a piece and they would offer meats like prochiutto, or cappicola and fold it over so you ate it like a sandwich..today I used sausage and arugula...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom