What did you cook or eat today (June 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got into my fav shorts yesterday, I am at the stage of ketosis that my wife calls "wind in the willows".Last nights dinner was the other half of the turkey thigh braised, roast veg including squash and mushroom cream gravy. Pud was local strawbs with blobs of kaymak. Kaymak is made the same way as clotted cream with a little salt added.
1623988526260.png
1623988550956.png
1623988567003.png
1623988584779.png
1623988603571.png

A mate cooked a jacket (baked) potato in his air fryer yesterday. I'm giving it a go today.

I've been doing them in the halogen oven ever since I bought mine - though I generally microwave them first to cut the cooking time. I wonder how the air fryer will compare. I can't at the moment see any point in getting an air fryer since the halogen oven does everything (it seems) that an air fryer does.

I've been doing them in the halogen oven ever since I bought mine - though I generally microwave them first to cut the cooking time. I wonder how the air fryer will compare. I can't at the moment see any point in getting an air fryer since the halogen oven does everything (it seems) that an air fryer does.

I don't have either. I use my conventional oven in the winter, and my outdoor gas grill in the summer.

CD

I have done the same with jackets since I obtained my halogen oven (including the M/W starter). I didn't M/W start these but they turned out very good. Difference? None as far as I can determine.

The only advantage that I've come across with the air fryer up to now is chips. Now I have the process figured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom