What did you cook or eat today (June 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leftover pizza and cheddar apple pie ice cream.

Pizza is one of those things that I don't even try to make healthier..I just make room for it in my diet and enjoy it..I'll eat lighter the next day or two, but I'm going to enjoy it the way I like it best..
I agree if it were just for myself, but my brother has that fatty liver disease and he's supposed to skip the white flour, though whole wheat is fine, and they're coming over in a few weeks and I want to surprise him with a 100% whole wheat pizza that a person would actually want to eat.

So far, I've determined that it's going to be very thin crust - less of a bad thing, y' know? :laugh:

I agree if it were just for myself, but my brother has that fatty liver disease and he's supposed to skip the white flour, though whole wheat is fine, and they're coming over in a few weeks and I want to surprise him with a 100% whole wheat pizza that a person would actually want to eat.

So far, I've determined that it's going to be very thin crust - less of a bad thing, y' know? :laugh:

So, is this the brother who tried to crush your head with a car seat?

CD

So, is this the brother who tried to crush your head with a car seat?

CD
No, it's my oldest brother Lee. He's a good guy. You'd like him. Friendliest fella you'll ever meet, never met a stranger.

I could talk about him all day. Hopefully, it's a long ways off, but I'm going to miss him when he's gone. He's good to laugh at and laugh with.

Most of the shenanigans when I was a kid were from the next two brothers, and my sister, but she was a whole other kind of crazy. The brothers were more into physical things, she had more of a psychological angle to things.

No, it's my oldest brother Lee. He's a good guy. You'd like him. Friendliest fella you'll ever meet, never met a stranger.

I could talk about him all day. Hopefully, it's a long ways off, but I'm going to miss him when he's gone. He's good to laugh at and laugh with.

Most of the shenanigans when I was a kid were from the next two brothers, and my sister, but she was a whole other kind of crazy. The brothers were more into physical things, she had more of a psychological angle to things.

I can relate to lee, I have a son called lee as well. :)

Russ

Yesterday's lunch squid fries salad dip.

It is a public holiday of religious origin today. I eas hoping for a chill and a trip with kid.

But no. 5.30 my mom sends me a text she is unwell.

The most dreaded message ever for her or dad. She sends those once a year or more rarely, Whenever grave things occur...

I felt my heart pounding, adrenalin rush, quickly showered got dressed,took juice,id card ,sent messages to sleeping kid and ex husband and went over to her place,ready to assist.

She feels itching at the shot spot, and slept only 3 hours.

Heart ok, no fainting, looks present, she moves with a 4 legged stool, slightly better than 3 d ago. Talks.

She is a cancer survivir, heart patient, thyroid patient, all things ran through my mind.she is 77.

Other than applying gel over her back there was not much else I could do.

Told her to rest.

Will emaill her doc and see what happens.

Unsure if I can leave the city for a trip...oh well...

Yesterday's lunch squid fries salad dip.

It is a public holiday of religious origin today. I eas hoping for a chill and a trip with kid.

But no. 5.30 my mom sends me a text she is unwell.

The most dreaded message ever for her or dad. She sends those once a year or more rarely, Whenever grave things occur...

I felt my heart pounding, adrenalin rush, quickly showered got dressed,took juice,id card ,sent messages to sleeping kid and ex husband and went over to her place,ready to assist.

She feels itching at the shot spot, and slept only 3 hours.

Heart ok, no fainting, looks present, she moves with a 4 legged stool, slightly better than 3 d ago. Talks.

She is a cancer survivir, heart patient, thyroid patient, all things ran through my mind.she is 77.

Other than applying gel over her back there was not much else I could do.

Told her to rest.

Will emaill her doc and see what happens.

Unsure if I can leave the city for a trip...oh well...

View attachment 64638

Your mom is ten years younger than my mom. You can't plan your whole life around "what might happen." You need to take a trip with your child from time-to-time.

CD

Your mom is ten years younger than my mom. You can't plan your whole life around "what might happen." You need to take a trip with your child from time-to-time.

CD
Yes, we were sooo looking forward to the trip...ages since we went anywhere...scarcely home, lots at work, my kid is thirsty for me and fun things we may do together...
And she got an A in biology yesterday, the plan was to celebrate at MCDonald's at the destination...her fav treat,or one of...

My Mom is,as a deaf person, and not native in Croatian, having it very difficult to express herself verbally...I assume she needed to share how much it still hurts and burns at the shot spot.

And she told me I should rest...

I brought an electricity heater after work over to them,rolled it , sweat off, and carried it as they feel cold(it is 24 c outside, but it gets colder and the age and sitting inside all day) so it is not they haven't seen me a long time. And Mon we spent an hour and half together at the docs,and went over three times that morning...and Sun we were over for lunch...

And Friday I picked up Dad and brought him back...

I know it must be difficult the age the pain, the Dad worries...

I need some chill off,really do.

Having my 2nd breakfast,I feel sleepy...

A baking experiment several days ago,was a flop, but I like the idea of a custard and the baking bowls/dishes. New from Ikea.

Those were walnuts soaked in plain water ,I tried to save them by dry roasting them,adding eggs and vanilla.

Brainless. Discarded. Although it looks nice.
Will find good recipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom