What did you cook or eat today (June 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stir fried veggies with a pinch of turmeric

I agree if it were just for myself, but my brother has that fatty liver disease and he's supposed to skip the white flour, though whole wheat is fine, and they're coming over in a few weeks and I want to surprise him with a 100% whole wheat pizza that a person would actually want to eat.

So far, I've determined that it's going to be very thin crust - less of a bad thing, y' know? :laugh:
Good thinking..that's probably the best way to go..

Good luck with the exam. Are you working in the industry now??

Russ
Thank you very much and yes I'm working in the industry, it's like a trainee. We learn for three weeks on our workplace the praxis and how to life with the stress in the kitchen and one week in the school theory. Then we have to surpass a practical and a theoretical exam, usually after three years, but in fact you can try your luck whenever you want, after one week, after 5 years or just the next day. When you're not good enough to get your exam in the first time, you can try it only one more time under normal circumstances.

You don't have to get the exam when you want to work in the industr or when you want to open your own restaurant, honestly I don't know if there is anything special about the exam except the three years of constantly learning, sometimes the people in the kitchen who got their exams behave like a special unit, still they respect the people in the kitchen who didn't made their exams. Stay healthy

Seems really unusual to me to have apple sauce with chicken. What kind of sauce is the chicken cooked in?
Apple sauce & chicken is extremely common here. So much so that ' I want fries, chicken and apple sauce' is a famous children's song. It's viewed as birthday food for children

I marinated the chicken in barbecue sauce & cajun spice. I did not eat the chicken dipped in the applesauce lol. Kids do that with plain chicken though. I just ate the apple sauce seperately.

Seems really unusual to me to have apple sauce with chicken. What kind of sauce is the chicken cooked in?

They have applesauce as a side on fast food meals here, placed like McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King. I haven't really looked lately, but I remember seeing prepackaged fresh fruit, like cut up apples, several years ago. Trying to offer healthier alternatives to french fries.

Apple sauce & chicken is extremely common here. So much so that ' I want fries, chicken and apple sauce' is a famous children's song. It's viewed as birthday food for children

I live and learn! I wonder about the origin of that combo? Apple sauce and pork is common in the UK (as you know) but chicken and apple sauce is not something I've come across.

Thank you very much and yes I'm working in the industry, it's like a trainee. We learn for three weeks on our workplace the praxis and how to life with the stress in the kitchen and one week in the school theory. Then we have to surpass a practical and a theoretical exam, usually after three years, but in fact you can try your luck whenever you want, after one week, after 5 years or just the next day. When you're not good enough to get your exam in the first time, you can try it only one more time under normal circumstances.

You don't have to get the exam when you want to work in the industr or when you want to open your own restaurant, honestly I don't know if there is anything special about the exam except the three years of constantly learning, sometimes the people in the kitchen who got their exams behave like a special unit, still they respect the people in the kitchen who didn't made their exams. Stay healthy

That's so cool. I'd love to spend time in an Indian kitchen.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom