What did you cook or eat today (June 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rules for tacos are pretty loose. The only thing some people do that I object to is put too many things on them. A meat, a veggie and some kind of sauce/salsa is all your need -- maybe some cheese, too. Keep them simple. Some sliced chicken, shredded lettuce and a squeeze of lime, and I'm happy.

CD
If rascal's pizzas are anything to go by, that taco will have chicken, lettuce, cheese...and barbecue sauce and pineapple and hot dogs and licorice bits and ice cream and...:wink:

If rascal's pizzas are anything to go by, that taco will have chicken, lettuce, cheese...and barbecue sauce and pineapple and hot dogs and licorice bits and ice cream and...:wink:
Not quite that much, no pineapple,lol. There is lettuces in the garden, which surprised me at the weekend. There is sour cream which I like.

Russ

Not quite that much, no pineapple,lol. There is lettuces in the garden, which surprised me at the weekend. There is sour cream which I like.

Russ

Sour cream should work well with a spicy store bought taco seasoning.

A pineapple salsa would probably be good with Baja style fish tacos -- but otherwise, I'd steer away from pineapple. :wink:

CD

Last nights dinner.Thai yellow chicken curry with aubergines and squash. Pud watermelon.
1624939486432.png
1624939505069.png
1624939519902.png

A couple of circumstances led to us delaying the afternoon in the pub today. Unfortunately it was a last minute decision and I had nothing planned so my wife nipped around to our least favourite char siu noodle stall and bought these.

They were OK.

The rules for tacos are pretty loose. The only thing some people do that I object to is put too many things on them. A meat, a veggie and some kind of sauce/salsa is all your need -- maybe some cheese, too. Keep them simple. Some sliced chicken, shredded lettuce and a squeeze of lime, and I'm happy.

CD
You would have frowned upon my tacos at dinner last night, then. I put refried beans, caramelized onions and jalapeños, seared shredded chicken breast, shredded cheddar, a mixture of fresh diced tomatoes, red onion, garlic, and cilantro, then topped with a warm adobo and lime seasoned crema. They were very busy but the layering of flavors was awesome.

You would have frowned upon my tacos at dinner last night, then. I put refried beans, caramelized onions and jalapeños, seared shredded chicken breast, shredded cheddar, a mixture of fresh diced tomatoes, red onion, garlic, and cilantro, then topped with a warm adobo and lime seasoned crema. They were very busy but the layering of flavors was awesome.
sounds delicious, but did it fall apart after a few bites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom