What did you cook or eat today (June 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night dinner was half the turbot fried in butter, baked toms stuffed with anchovies and leftover cauliflower cheese. The fish was exquisite. Pud was a few cherries.
1624851174949.png
1624851197497.png
1624851218904.png

Legging behind, first morning back home...
Dinner and breakfast (and lunch if desired) was self service. Wide choice.

This particular dinner wasplenty of carb, but that is what felt right at the moment, after very active and hot day.

The edible boat was so cute. Pate inside.
Cake bites were tiny,2cmx2cm but it felt the right size.

Pool view.
Room view( taken 6.28 am,the sun sooo strong).

Legging behind, first morning back home...
Dinner and breakfast (and lunch if desired) was self service. Wide choice.

This particular dinner wasplenty of carb, but that is what felt right at the moment, after very active and hot day.

The edible boat was so cute. Pate inside.
Cake bites were tiny,2cmx2cm but it felt the right size.

Pool view.
Room view( taken 6.28 am,the sun sooo strong).

View attachment 66191

View attachment 66192

View attachment 66193

View attachment 66194

View attachment 66195

View attachment 66196

Wow. Seeing these pictures tells a story of beautiful scenery and beautiful food.

My first attempt at Sous Vide. Baby Brother has a Sous Vide heater/circulator. He is a big fan of Sous Vide. G saw an add for an Instant Pot with a Sous Vide setting on sale. Of course he bought one.
It is a multi functional machine. I love to braise chicken thighs so I tried pressure cooking chicken thighs. The depth of flavor was missing. It did make a nice chicken soup. The next challenge was to use the Sous Vide function.
I defrosted a wild pig shoulder roast. It was not a neat roast shape because G makes a point of removing all tendons and silver skin. I seasoned the meat inside and out with a spice rub mixed with Dijon. Tied the meat into roast shape and marinated in red wine and mirepoix over night. I drained off the marinade leaving the mirepoix clinging to the roast, vacuum sealed, heated the water bath to 316 degrees F. Submerged the bag in the water and cooked for 24 hours. Took the roast out of the bag. Patted dry and seared all sides in a cast iron skillet. Made a gravy from the bag drippings. OMG! Fork tender. No gamy taste. My next Sous Vide will be a venison roast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom