What did you cook or eat today (June 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being 60 years old, divorced, with no kids, Christmas is not a big deal for me. I spend it with my 87 year old mom, 89-year old dad, and my sister. They cook Christmas dinner, so the food is mediocre. I do get lots of nap time in, which is nice.

CD

You just reminded me of my late mum, after Xmas lunch she would disappear, we usually found her on our daughters bed dozing off,lol.

Russ

I love B&Bs. My ex-wife and I used to stay in one on Cape Cod in August, when it was brutally hot in Texas. We would rent a convertible car, and eat our way across the Cape. This particular B&B was owned by a wonderful young couple with a toddler. The wife was an outstanding baker, and the husband could cook some seriously good egg dishes. Breakfast was something we looked forward to every night before we went to bed. They also kept fresh baked pastries and cookies out all day, so if we got back to the B&B in the afternoon, we could have a treat and some tea before getting ready to go out for dinner.

CD

We stayed in b and bs for 6 weeks touring around the uk in 98, some really really good breakfasts in them, enough to keep you going til teatime. We stayed in touch for years with a Graeme and pat from Great Yarmouth . We stopped getting mail after about 5 years, I think they must have passed away. They were quite old and late nights in their bar were good times.

Russ

I made an omelet for hubby and I to split for breakfast.

I then cleaned all my counters and deep cleaned my stove. I found a few pounded chicken bits from hubby's cordon bleu prep, LOL. Oh, I have found that a bit of rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle really helps remove the grease after scrubbing the stove with a sponge and soap. I used to use cleaning vinegar and it was good, but the alcohol cuts through the grease more effectively.

Now ya got me wanting an omelette, lol.

Russ

Pork tenderloin instead of chicken in Recipe - Mixed Mustards Grilled Chicken with melons.

My meal for today was a layered anchovy salad.

full.jpg

This salad included green leaf lettuce, onion, Anaheim pepper, celery, radishes, cucumber, tomato, cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, anchovies and a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

Last edited:
I didn't get around to taking pics yesterday, we were talking too much, so you're getting leftover shots of yesterday's meal:

Black bean dip, street corn salad, chicken fajitas:

Fajitas always make me smile because my MIL used to pronounce like the Iowa farm girl she was, which sounded like, "I'll have the chicken vaginas, please." :laugh:

We stayed in b and bs for 6 weeks touring around the uk in 98, some really really good breakfasts in them, enough to keep you going til teatime. We stayed in touch for years with a Graeme and pat from Great Yarmouth . We stopped getting mail after about 5 years, I think they must have passed away. They were quite old and late nights in their bar were good times.

Russ

Funny. The B&B the ex and I stayed in was in Yarmouth, MA -- a nice small town on Cape Cod.

I didn't get around to taking pics yesterday, we were talking too much, so you're getting leftover shots of yesterday's meal:

Black bean dip, street corn salad, chicken fajitas:
View attachment 66176

View attachment 66177

View attachment 66178Fajitas always make me smile because my MIL used to pronounce like the Iowa farm girl she was, which sounded like, "I'll have the chicken vaginas, please." :laugh:

Very nice, but am I seeing whole wheat Tostitos and whole wheat flour tortillas?

CD

I very nearly made an omelette for a snack/brunch after JAS_OH1 got me salivating but the lazy ass in me did a piece of toast with fresh jar of marmalade. A nz producer made with grapefruit which surprised me. Very yummy, my usual went mouldy so I had to dump it.
Marmalade and butter on toast, one piece. That will last til tea time, that will be left over lamb leg in a sammy. With "fixins" :)

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom