What did you cook or eat today (June 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gringo! :rolleyes:

CD :D
Yeah, what are you? I believe you are of Italian descent, oh master of Tex-Mex? :laugh:

As many times as I have been to Mexico, I have found that they often have constructed tacos with as many ingredients as I did :)

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I also added fresh lettuce from my garden. I should have taken a photo, it was beautiful. I probably could have found room for some thinly sliced avocado in there somewhere...:laugh:

Today's meal was three cheese tortellini in cheddar sauce.

full.jpg

If rascal's pizzas are anything to go by, that taco will have chicken, lettuce, cheese...and barbecue sauce and pineapple and hot dogs and licorice bits and ice cream and...:wink:

Tortillas last night were very good, sour cream lettuce onion ( no onion for wife next time) tomato chicken and salsa. 1 1/2 each very filling. I'm doing these again. I need to freeze some avos for next time.

Russ

Tortillas last night were very good, sour cream lettuce onion ( no onion for wife next time) tomato chicken and salsa. 1 1/2 each very filling. I'm doing these again. I need to freeze some avos for next time.

Russ
Have you done that before? How well do avos freeze without turning brown, and how exactly do you freeze them, in the peel or out?

Have you done that before? How well do avos freeze without turning brown, and how exactly do you freeze them, in the peel or out?

My wife said you can freeze, how the hell would she know?? And apparently freeze as guacamole as well. I havnt checked it out yet as my wife shouldn't know this sort of thing, :) :)

Russ

You can freeze 2 different ways, whole or mashed up in mounds. I currently have 2 or 3 whole ones in the freezer, and have been freezing them that way for quite a while. I haven't frozen mashed in mounds, but a friend does. She treats the mounds (about half of an avo amount) like IQF veges then bags and pulls out what she needs. I just take them out of the freezer, set on a paper towel and let them mostly thaw. Cut them like you would a fresh avocado, remove the pit and scoop.

Obviously, they have to be ripe. You won't be able to slice them, just use in some kind of a dish where they will be mashed.

You can freeze 2 different ways, whole or mashed up in mounds. I currently have 2 or 3 whole ones in the freezer, and have been freezing them that way for quite a while. I haven't frozen mashed in mounds, but a friend does. She treats the mounds (about half of an avo amount) like IQF veges then bags and pulls out what she needs. I just take them out of the freezer, set on a paper towel and let them mostly thaw. Cut them like you would a fresh avocado, remove the pit and scoop.

Obviously, they have to be ripe. You won't be able to slice them, just use in some kind of a dish where they will be mashed.
Thanks, I'm doing this soon.

Russ

My wife said you can freeze, how the hell would she know?? And apparently freeze as guacamole as well. I havnt checked it out yet as my wife shouldn't know this sort of thing, :) :)

Russ
Does your wife ever cook...anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom