What did you cook or eat today (June 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches
20230604_190659.jpg

SandwichShortOfAPicnic

asked me the the other day:
" never tried them in a dal, only ever sprouted. Recipe, pretty please? 🙏
Also whilst I’m in Karadekoolaid brain picking mode I saw a recipe for Coriander Chutney as an accompaniment for tandoori beef neither of which I’ve tried but it’s the Coriander chutney that intrigues me. Any views on that type of chutney?"

Mung Bean Dal with Tomato
Coriander Mint Chutney (Green Chutney)

Coriander mint chutney.jpg
Mung beans with tomato.jpg

We just got back from a little weekend getaway to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. The food at the place we stayed was pretty darn good:
IMG_7912.jpeg

MVP fun fries

IMG_7913.jpeg

Asparagus, feta, roasted red peppers, and prosciutto with balsamic glaze on naan
IMG_7916.jpeg

Somehow this was the “small“ farmer’s breakfast!

So I took the kommandant out for lunch. Hurunui hotel est 1868
An hour away. Pleasant drive with an outside toilet. But not any old loo. A loo with a heater on. So cosy while I had a leak.
Then I ordered blue cod. With chips and salad. Wife had salad and chips.
10/10 well be back.

Russ
A heated outhouse, wow!

Snorkeling with tropical fish, coral & sea turtles this morning so we had a bacon & egg breakfast.

Pretty hungry when we got back onshore at 1pm though so we found a place that just does fish & chips all day every day and you can choose the fish you want. It’s in the food court of the night market shopping precinct.

Daughter had barramundi & chips. I had the coral trout (pictured) - it’s pretty meaty and I’m glad I tried it but I can see why people who expect it to be like the fish they are used to aren’t keen. Got a side salad too
8CD78E56-9C78-4499-8A07-FE1FE16E9F96.jpeg

If you look out the doors in the background you see - footpath, road, park, sea. Sea about 100m away.

Pan-fried Swordfish chunks seasoned with lemon zest, fresh thyme and white ground pepper served on a courgette’s puree.
Very light. I have to cut off some weight.
(Well, apart from a kilo of bread I’ve eaten aith it 😂)

View attachment 100890View attachment 100889
I like the looks of that. We make a blackened swordfish with wine, mustard cream sauce regularly. It is a favorite of my wife.

I like the looks of that. We make a blackened swordfish with wine, mustard cream sauce regularly. It is a favorite of my wife.

Sounds good. Never made swordfish with mustard cream and now I’m curious to try it. Nice idea.
Have you ever made swordfish as they make in Sicily? It’s a particular traditional recipe that I really love: they add pine nuts and raisins too. At first I was skeptical but as soon as I’ve tried it, I suddenly loved the taste.

Sounds good. Never made swordfish with mustard cream and now I’m curious to try it. Nice idea.
Have you ever made swordfish as they make in Sicily? It’s a particular traditional recipe that I really love: they add pine nuts and raisins too. At first I was skeptical but as soon as I’ve tried it, I suddenly loved the taste.
I haven't but it sounds great. I put raisins in my tossed salad which seems strange to some people.

Blacken the swordfish steaks by sauteeing them in butter after seasoning with salt pepper, garlic and lemon juice. The sauce is a small squirt of mustard, a quick glug of white wine, salt and pepper to tase and mostly heavy cream. Reduce the sauce before serving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom