What did you cook or eat today (June 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't but it sounds great. I put raisins in my tossed salad which seems strange to some people.

Blacken the swordfish steaks by sauteeing them in butter after seasoning with salt pepper, garlic and lemon juice. The sauce is a small squirt of mustard, a quick glug of white wine, salt and pepper to tase and mostly heavy cream. Reduce the sauce before serving.

I think you would like it then if you are a fan of raisins.

Thank you for the recipe!

I haven't but it sounds great. I put raisins in my tossed salad which seems strange to some people.

Blacken the swordfish steaks by sauteeing them in butter after seasoning with salt pepper, garlic and lemon juice. The sauce is a small squirt of mustard, a quick glug of white wine, salt and pepper to tase and mostly heavy cream. Reduce the sauce before serving.
I like dried cranberries in my salads, along with some bacon, feta or goat cheese, and pistachios. Yes, I have two heads! :laugh:

Snorkeling with tropical fish, coral & sea turtles this morning so we had a bacon & egg breakfast.

Pretty hungry when we got back onshore at 1pm though so we found a place that just does fish & chips all day every day and you can choose the fish you want. It’s in the food court of the night market shopping precinct.

Daughter had barramundi & chips. I had the coral trout (pictured) - it’s pretty meaty and I’m glad I tried it but I can see why people who expect it to be like the fish they are used to aren’t keen. Got a side salad too View attachment 100887

If you look out the doors in the background you see - footpath, road, park, sea. Sea about 100m away.

I loooove barramundi. When in ozzy I have it every second day.

Salad:

IMG_4620.jpeg

Some leftover ribeye, local cheese, and a maple cream mustard vinaigrette (I made that).

Corned beef n carrots cabbage mash spud and mustard sauce.
D.i.l said when she left, best corned beef I've ever had .
Enough for a meal for butcher. He will pick up later.
Prolly eggs on toast for dinner tonight. Its raining here. Still, its winter. I hate winter

Russ

W
I've always wanted to try Coca-Cola in cooking. That, and Dr. Pepper, which is big here in Texas, where Dr. Pepper is from.

CD
Watching American pickers a few days ago they went to the town where it was made. It was around before coke.
The guy that run it used to see people drinking coke and hed take the bottle and give them a dp. Lol

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom