What did you cook or eat today (June 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I needed 1/4 tsp of sugar for my salad dressing today. So I got that, and then when putting the sugar back into the pantry, the container slipped out of my hand and spilled at least 3 cups of sugar all over the laundry room floor.

I swore a lot, because that helps.

It was a huge mess to clean up - my saint of a husband helped with most of it so dinner wasn’t delayed. It had gone all over the place, including into the pile of grocery bags in the corner (we use them for cat litter). Now I’m just waiting for ants to show up, because you know they’ll love and remnants of sugar. We vacuumed but I’m sure there’s still bits of it under the washer & dryer.

I am such a klutz and I hate it sometimes!

I needed 1/4 tsp of sugar for my salad dressing today. So I got that, and then when putting the sugar back into the pantry, the container slipped out of my hand and spilled at least 3 cups of sugar all over the laundry room floor.

It was a huge mess to clean up - my saint of a husband helped with most of it so dinner wasn’t delayed. It had gone all over the place, including into the pile of grocery bags in the corner (we use them for cat litter). Now I’m just waiting for ants to show up, because you know they’ll love and remnants of sugar. We vacuumed but I’m sure there’s still bits of it under the washer & dryer.

You have my sympathies. 2 days ago I fell victim to one of my hubby's booby traps and an unopened, newly purchased bottle of maple syrup jumped off the head height shelf, launched itself at my head, was fended off and landed lid first on the floor. The lid and safety device/seal, plus bottle seal all failed splitting into 2 and the maple syrup got in 3 full glugs before I could bend down and pick it up because I'd just caught the 2nd bottle as it fell as well... the floor, cabinets, inside and out, and everything in the lower 2 shelves plus the fridge front and side, were all covered in maple syrup. I wasn't overly impressed either. He wasn't home to help with the clean up though. I ended up having to clean the kitchen floor on a rainy day when I wasn't ready to do so, asking with cabinets inside and out, and all the packaging on those shelves (50-60 packets of stuff). At least in winter the ants are not quite so active (but they are still active), and they will be active if they find it. I now have an opened bottle of maple syrup with no lid, and only cling film and an elastic band on it. I lost around a quarter of the bottle in those 3 glugs and it went an awfully long way.

Several years ago I made a huge pot of tomato-based meat sauce for pasta that I had spent most of the day cooking. It had lamb, beef, pork, roasted garlic, onion, crimini mushrooms, and fresh herbs in it. After it cooled I went to put it in the refrigerator as it was for a dinner party the following evening. That sucker was really heavy--as i was moving it into the frig it slipped out of my hands and hit the floor. The lid slid off, and sauce bounced up out of the pot and went everywhere--all over me, the floor, the inside of the lower part of my frig, and the contents of the bottom of the frig. Thankfully I only lost about a quart (liter) of the sauce and still had enough to feed my guests the next night, but what a mess to clean up!

A heatwave here now.. so some cooling food for dinner. Potato salad, deviled eggs, sausage roll, cucumber and radish.
20230608_114845.jpg

Pork and apple sausage with re-heated cauliflower cheese and garden peas.

Looks delicious!

I've been making a lot of pizza from scratch recently, due to unexpectedly good weather here in Bangor County Down.
This is my Pizza Diavola (Devil Pizza) with fiery chillies and hot salami.

Untitled design - 2023-06-08T115800.509.png

Several years ago I made a huge pot of tomato-based meat sauce for pasta that I had spent most of the day cooking. It had lamb, beef, pork, roasted garlic, onion, crimini mushrooms, and fresh herbs in it. After it cooled I went to put it in the refrigerator as it was for a dinner party the following evening. That sucker was really heavy--as i was moving it into the frig it slipped out of my hands and hit the floor. The lid slid off, and sauce bounced up out of the pot and went everywhere--all over me, the floor, the inside of the lower part of my frig, and the contents of the bottom of the frig. Thankfully I only lost about a quart (liter) of the sauce and still had enough to feed my guests the next night, but what a mess to clean up!

might want to check your autocorrect is saying what you want to. lol

Meaning of ‘frig’ (nsfw)

It was last year I think. I pierced a small tin of tomato puree with the tin opener and it virtually exploded. Hard to believe how much of a mess can be caused from a 150 gm tin of tomato puree. It went everywhere!

might want to check your autocorrect is saying what you want to. lol

Meaning of ‘frig’ (nsfw)
I was aware of this, but I dislike the abbreviation of "fridge" for "refrigerator" as there is no frigging "d" in refrigerator! And it's not autocorrected. I meant to type it as frig. I figure the people In this forum know what I meant. Thanks though :rolleyes:

Edited to add that on the same page of the link you posted there is this:

Screenshot_20230608-105002_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm about to cook a vegetarian dinner - except for the chicken stock in the soup. I'm making fettucine al pesto, fried plantains (maduros fritos) and avocado soup - an international mix of things. Lunch was a fried egg, cheese and avocado sandwich on ciabatta. Oddly enough avocados are a pantry item in our house even though we don't keep them in the pantry. Always in stock. Hope you also have a great dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom