What did you cook or eat today (March 2020)?

The American pancakes I made this afternoon. Wonky shaped because Nigella said it's better to pour from a jug than to spoon from a ladle, well not for me.

With butter and maple syrup.

The American pancakes I made this afternoon. Wonky shaped because Nigella said it's better to pour from a jug than to spoon from a ladle, well not for me.
View attachment 39010

With butter and maple syrup.
Who cares about shape? Those look scrumptious! :hungry::cook:

Cup of tea..... And one crumpet, daughter left packet on the bench (grrr, leaves stuff everywhere) caught my eye so I had one.

Russ
That's how you can tell when my wife has made a sandwich...open loaf of bread, open mustard jar, cheese left out...:)

I always use a ladle to transfer from the dish in which the batter was made. Mine are English pancakes though, much thinner than the American norm.

At a guess I would think without Bisto gravy.

However they serve it there will be some form of chilli sauce/paste with it.

I checked with my wife. It's actually sold with a portion of chilli dipping sauce but my wife didn't take that (knowing that I'd likely pour gravy on it).

It's very hot here particularly in the kitchen. I'm preparing "Chicken Kolhapuri" in 15 minute stints (between beers).

What should have taken me just over 1 hour to prepare and cook took me over 5 hours. Still it was very good (albeit a little hotter than normal). And there's another 4 portions to freeze for later.

Back
Top Bottom