What did you cook or eat today (March 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night hubby cooked...

20240302_180104.jpg

Yep, it was a Saturday...

Pizza Hut used to sell a dish called…cavatini?…that was like that.
I've heard there are ridiculous amounts of sodium in pizza huts pastas. Like alarming amounts.

No clue about Pizza Hut, never ordered any pasta there.

Not a lot of salt in this. I actually made my own pizza sauce since I had an open jar of passata in the refrigerator so added just a bit of salt plus some other seasonings. Then just added some salt when I sauteed the vegetables before adding the other stuff.

I just went through what I had and needed finishing
Little piece of steak & bean sprouts
Fried steak then kept apart. Then onions, garlic.
Soaked dried mushrooms and made the whole lot into roux (ragout). To go with jasmine rice.

Husband and I went to a Bistro for dinner today. Really nice food and atmosphere!
1596392417093.jpg

1596392445375.jpg

Lobster bisque with a cheese stick and bread and butter as an entree/starter for both of us
1596392497812.jpg

Tournedos with peppercorn sauce for me
1596392533817.jpg

Mussels in white wine for my husband, with unpictured fries on the side

We are going out to dinner tonight! I had a bunch of points on one of my credit card accounts that I exchanged for a $100 gift certificate to Carrabba's. If we go over (which we probably will slightly), hubby can pick up the rest of the tab. Sheesh I don't think we have gone anywhere (unless it was a work-related dinner) in almost a year now. I love Carrabba's. It's one of my favorite casual eatery chains here in the US. I always get their chicken trio, which is Chicken Bryan (which I have made a copycat version of before), Chicken Rosa Maria, and Chicken Marsala. Now for a chain, they really have great Chicken Marsala. I have eaten at some mom and pop Italian restaurants where they didn't make as good of a Marsala sauce. Here's a description of each of those items so I don't have to type it all out. If you can't open it I can copy and paste the article:
What is in Carrabba's chicken trio? - Resto NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom