What did you cook or eat today (March 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard there are ridiculous amounts of sodium in pizza huts pastas. Like alarming amounts.
I had lunch at a Pizza Hut about 20 years ago. Never returned. Awful pizza. This is Pizza!!!!
pizza.jpg

How did you melt the cheese over the avocado without the avo turning brown?
I never thought about it. I think the cheese insulates the ingredients to a degree. The pizza spent about 20 minutes in a 400F oven without preheating. I just put it in the oven cold and took it out when the preheat bell rang. I know, I know. I have some bad cooking habits. Great pizza, though.

I never thought about it. I think the cheese insulates the ingredients to a degree. The pizza spent about 20 minutes in a 400F oven without preheating. I just put it in the oven cold and took it out when the preheat bell rang. I know, I know. I have some bad cooking habits. Great pizza, though.
I don't always preheat the oven, either. Sometimes recipes (which I don't really follow often anyway) call for the oven to be preheated before ingredients are being compiled so the food doesn't go in for 20 minutes after it's preheated. Waste of energy.

I had eaten some avocado eggrolls at BJ's brewhouse before and the avos were brown. Such a turnoff. I don't mind olives being...well, olive colored, but other greens should stay bright green IMO! Good to know this can be done with pizza. I had made a chicken club pizza before with avo but I added avo slivers after pulling it out of the oven instead of under the cheese.

Last edited:
View attachment 110694

There was a stray shrimp in my fries:
View attachment 110695

10 years ago, I would have asked them to remake my fries…20 years ago, I would have walked out and never gone back! :laugh:
I would consider it a bonus bite, but on reflection I don't like the fact that they might fry shrimp, fish, and fries all in the same oil. I like seafood but that seems wrong on a professional level.

I've only had a Greek salad so far today.
It's 8.45pm and the Bee Men are still here, removing the bees from next door.
Definitely a Shakespeare moment: "Two bee, or not two bee".
I don't want to cook anything because they call every five minutes "Can we have some water? Can you turn the lights on ? We'll be back in a mo to collect the stray bees around the lights. You can close the garage door if you want. We're almost finished. Another five minutes or so. Can we have some more water?"
And these blokes are utterly dedicated. They've been here almost 5 hours so far to rescue some insects. Love it.

Last of the Tovala meals for at least 10 days, except for breakfast in the morning, as I skipped a week. Made their first missteps.

Craig was supposed to have ground beef flautas with elote corn salad, but there were no tortillas in the box. We had a couple of small ones leftover from another meal so I used those, but they were way over stuffed, so they ended up being knife and fork tortillas.

I had parmesan crusted chicken and garlic-herb potato wedges, with a marinara dipping sauce. The potatoes were cut in all different sizes so didn't cook evenly.

I contacted customer support so we'll see how they handle it.

20240303_191618.jpg

but on reflection I don't like the fact that they might fry shrimp, fish, and fries all in the same oil
I don’t think that’s terribly uncommon, I’ve seen that in a lot of places, like roadside dairy bars - everything’s cooked in the same big fryers - and this place is like that, something of a dive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom