What did you cook or eat today (March 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sausage stuffed tortellini with my Alfredo sauce and ciabatta bread.
20240328_190813.jpg

I'm on a mission to empty the fridge before I leave for a couple of weeks to the UK.
Tonight was a wildly insane version of Chinese fried rice, plus two frozen spring rolls. It was only the soy sauce that saved it, and the fact that I burned it in the wok.
Over the next three days, I'm confronted with serious challenges. What do I make with half a red pepper, a bag full of hot chile peppers, a bunch of basil, and cilantro, and parsley, one aubergine and a bag of carrots??

After MrsT finally understood that there were certain places she wanted to see that I just wasn’t interested in at all, she ended up finding other people to travel with - coworkers, friends, and family.
That's marriage. You learn to understand what your partner likes and dislikes, and accommodate. We live together and yet, at times, we live apart. Nobody is exactly the same.

Yesterday evening we had slow cooker baby back ribs, onion and mushroom rice cooked in chicken stock and Brussels sprouts. Yes, Morning Glory, I cooked the little cabbages in the microwave. :)

Once I discovered how well they do in the microwave I never looked back. The other thing I discovered through the CookingBites recipe challenge was how well hard squash, such as butternut squash cooks in the microwave. Cook them whole as you would a potato, skin on. Then, if you want baked squash, cut in half, scoop out seeds and transfer to the oven and add whatever filling you choose- no struggling trying to cut them in half and remove the seeds when raw.

I'm on a mission to empty the fridge before I leave for a couple of weeks to the UK.
Tonight was a wildly insane version of Chinese fried rice, plus two frozen spring rolls. It was only the soy sauce that saved it, and the fact that I burned it in the wok.
Over the next three days, I'm confronted with serious challenges. What do I make with half a red pepper, a bag full of hot chile peppers, a bunch of basil, and cilantro, and parsley, one aubergine and a bag of carrots??
Soup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom