What did you cook or eat today (March 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once I discovered how well they do in the microwave I never looked back. The other thing I discovered through the CookingBites recipe challenge was how well hard squash, such as butternut squash cooks in the microwave. Cook them whole as you would a potato, skin on. Then, if you want baked squash, cut in half, scoop out seeds and transfer to the oven and add whatever filling you choose- no struggling trying to cut them in half and remove the seeds when raw.
Don't forget to score the skin all the way around so there's a "vent" if necessary so there is no explosion. Better safe than having to clean up that mess.

Once I discovered how well they do in the microwave I never looked back. The other thing I discovered through the CookingBites recipe challenge was how well hard squash, such as butternut squash cooks in the microwave. Cook them whole as you would a potato, skin on. Then, if you want baked squash, cut in half, scoop out seeds and transfer to the oven and add whatever filling you choose- no struggling trying to cut them in half and remove the seeds when raw.
You have converted me. I cook most veggies in the "reactor" now.

Coconut chicken soup
Green papaya salad
Chicken laab
Red duck curry
Massaman curry
Fried rice
Bbq fish, chicken and beef
Chicken in pandan leaves
Banana fritters
Thai profiterols
Mango sticky rice
Steamed tapioca in banana leaf
A bottle of Rose
A load of thai dancing

Stuffed, tired, bed.
A full day snorkelling in the Similan Islands tomorrow.

Noodles with sliced spicy chicken keciap meatballs and leftover pork and vegetables
20240329_132223.jpg

And https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/healthier-banana-almond-bread.27001/
20240329_144357.jpg

Watermelon in a kimchi? wow. Is it a sweet spicy and salty combination then?
Watermelon radish is a radish that looks similar to watermelon in that it has a greenish outer rim, white middle rim, and pinkish core. It is NOT watermelon.

Watermelon radish

20230206_175926.jpg

An old picture from a bento box meal of a watermelon radish/cucumber salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom