What did you cook or eat today (May 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rigatoni with chickpeas and olives in a spicy tomato sauce:

fullsizeoutput_46fa.jpeg

"Whats on hand pasta". Pepperoni, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, can of diced tomatoes, fresh Everglades tomatoes, red wine, fresh basil, olive oil, S&P. Barilla spaghetti rigati and choice of parmigiano or pecorino cheeses.

They look delicious, even if they seem to me more Penne rigate than Rigatoni. What's the cheese?

I think it probably is penne (my mistake). Rigatoni are larger I think. The cheese is Parmigiano-Reggiano 30 months matured from the PDO region of Italy. I bought it from Aldi so it wasn't expensive. Its very delicious with little crystals in it. A little goes a long way.

"Whats on hand pasta". Pepperoni, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, can of diced tomatoes, fresh Everglades tomatoes, red wine, fresh basil, olive oil, S&P. Barilla spaghetti rigati and choice of parmigiano or pecorino cheeses.

That is more or less what my pasta dish above was - bits left over in the fridge!

Q: what happens when you tear a gigantic piece of pita bread into the shape of the state of Montana, and top it with pesto, oven dried tomatoes, ham, anchovies, pickled onions, and yellow baby bell peppers, and cook it in the oven at 550° F ( 288° C)?

A:

DC75FA56-AB7B-4047-9EE2-CC5E61F047E9.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom