What did you cook or eat today (May 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DA315DEF-FD68-456D-9D25-692832EFD9B2.jpeg

A Waldorf salad, topped with quick pickled red onion.

Last night was green chili burgers. Seasoned beef 80/20 with chili powder, chipotle powder, cumin and salt. Made a chili topping with Hatch chilis, onion, garlic, salt and chicken stock sauteed in a pan until it had a nice texture. Grated jack on top. Cooked over charcoal in my Weber. Nice heat and flavor.

Scrambled and marshmalows.

:scratchhead:Do you mean scrambled eggs? I thought for a moment you meant scrambled eggs with marshmallows! But perhaps you meant you had scrambled eggs and then some marshmallows. I love scrambled eggs, particularly with a few herbs in the mix. And although I'm not very sweet toothed. I do rather like marshmallows occasionally.

Breakfast:

English tea sandwiches (cucumber, cream cheese, dill, watercress, sourdough bread). Okay, the sourdough isn't exactly English - if they'd had it at the bakery that day earlier this week, I'd have done pumpernickel. And due to the shape of that bread, I only turned part of it into genuine "English Tea" shapes. Another couple slices I simply made using the whole slices. (I really do NOT want to purchase regular supermarket breads these days, I can fall asleep reading the ingredient list...)

Despite my changes (I also left out the food coloring), I made it in honor of Mom. It was one of her signature dishes for her bridge parties. I got to eat any leftovers after the ladies went home...

cuke-main.jpg

That didn't feel like quite enough, so I made two soft boiled eggs immediately after.

Food colouring in a cucumber sandwich? I am struggling here to imagine what, how and why... :)

I love cucumber sandwiches!

I know... She thought the cuke/cream cheese should be sort of a mintish green. In fact, I thought that was the way it was "supposta be", but I don't want to eat food coloring from bottles. In fact, when I moved out on my own 30 odd (very odd, sometimes) years ago, she gave me a set of Durkee's Food Coloring colors. I still have them, because I've never ever put a drop into my food.

I didn't toss them because I do use them for photography projects or for dressing up as a mad scientist at costume parties - color the liquid in those test tubes, yeah!

Last night was green chili burgers. Seasoned beef 80/20 with chili powder, chipotle powder, cumin and salt. Made a chili topping with Hatch chilis, onion, garlic, salt and chicken stock sauteed in a pan until it had a nice texture. Grated jack on top. Cooked over charcoal in my Weber. Nice heat and flavor.

You've painted a nice picture, I'm on my way.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom