What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried my hand at cassoulet. It was very hard work, but it was very tasty. Not a big hit with the rest of the family though, which is sort of unfortunate because there’s about half a tonne of it left… 😅

F99113AF-596C-4185-AB91-485A9DD4F645.jpeg

5253291C-0378-4A87-9265-E326B788F015.jpeg

Tried my hand at cassoulet. It was very hard work, but it was very tasty. Not a big hit with the rest of the family though, which is sort of unfortunate because there’s about half a tonne of it left… 😅

View attachment 62455

View attachment 62456
I love it..I'm the same as you..there are only two of us here now and GF doesn't eat a lot of beans, so whenever I ever made it we had tons of left overs..

I met them in Wembley with my mate John knocker Knowles who was Chris Rea personal manager. We are both massive fans. Unfortunately the performance represented old men going through the motions. The green room was not much better. It was populated by smashey and nicey look alike's
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaQCr4PIsHE

Have you watched the movie Love and Mercy. Amazing, Great story, and one of John Cusack's best performances.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lioWzrpCtGQ

CD

Oh no. So what did the er team do or say?
I know, works like that here too.
Probably because it is safer in the er, they can handle almost anything.
Well, I'll try to keep it short, but it came down to deep bruising along her side, pulled/strained muscles, possible small fracture rib(s), and (of all things) eating unhealthy food in abundance over the last several days (that's my fault, I'm the chef).

They didn't delve further into the ribs because the doc said that even if they tested further and definitively diagnosed fractures, the treatment would be the same, so they didn't test for that.

Treatment is, stay off your feet (but get up and move around some, too), Tylenol, prescription muscle relaxers, and OTC lidocaine patch over the affected area.

Went in at 6PM, got home at 1AM. She doesn't normally eat lunch, so her last meal was at 10AM. Thankfully, I had my greasy fish, so I was in better shape than she was that way, but still hungry by the time we got home.

Home at 1AM, got things squared away and in bed at 1:30AM...and I had to get up for work at 3AM and haven't been to sleep yet, so we're neither one in a good mood right now.

Thankfully, though, it wasn't anything worse. Now we get to look forward to a fight with the insurance company when they tell us they're not paying because it wasn't an emergency. She had two rounds of lab work for blood, two CT scans (with and without contrast), plus the room fee, doctor's fee, etc...I don't even want to know what that bill is going to be. 💰 💰 💰

Home at 1AM, got things squared away and in bed at 1:30AM...and I had to get up for work at 3AM and haven't been to sleep yet, so we're neither one in a good mood right now.

Thankfully, though, it wasn't anything worse. Now we get to look forward to a fight with the insurance company when they tell us they're not paying because it wasn't an emergency
Oh chuffin ell...
Take it as easy as you can today, not slept, not eaten...worries and financial stress...
Hopefully the ribs have not moved/displaced...

We'll be here, so ...take any rest you can...

I remember being in er 7 hours with my Dad, 12 y ago. It was prior to having him op for pacemaker. And was breastfeeding my kid back then. My ex husb was furious I skipped 3 feedings of the baby.🤷

I didn't go to no salsa party, er...i took a cab home, and my Mom arrived by cab to replace me, it was +2h more I think.

My Dad said no single word. He is that type of quiet endure all. And he was surely the worst off.💙

Good wishes to both of you🍀🍀🍰🥧

Well, I'll try to keep it short, but it came down to deep bruising along her side, pulled/strained muscles, possible small fracture rib(s), and (of all things) eating unhealthy food in abundance over the last several days (that's my fault, I'm the chef).

They didn't delve further into the ribs because the doc said that even if they tested further and definitively diagnosed fractures, the treatment would be the same, so they didn't test for that.

Treatment is, stay off your feet (but get up and move around some, too), Tylenol, prescription muscle relaxers, and OTC lidocaine patch over the affected area.

Went in at 6PM, got home at 1AM. She doesn't normally eat lunch, so her last meal was at 10AM. Thankfully, I had my greasy fish, so I was in better shape than she was that way, but still hungry by the time we got home.

Thankfully, though, it wasn't anything worse. Now we get to look forward to a fight with the insurance company when they tell us they're not paying because it wasn't an emergency. She had two rounds of lab work for blood, two CT scans (with and without contrast), plus the room fee, doctor's fee, etc...I don't even want to know what that bill is going to be. 💰 💰 💰
Oh my, I hope she repairs quickly, in the mean time it looks like Nurse Reuben is on duty.

Last edited:

Craig's was over $700 just for the ER when he went in as instructed by thd doc because of erroneous lab work. Haven't gotten the actual doc bills for the ER doc and the doc that reviews the lab work, which is really ridiculous since normal values come printed with the report and most doctors and nurses do have the ability to read...

She's going to be grumpy for a good while because of the ribs. I broke a couple once in my mid 30s and it took FOREVER to stop hurting and then even longer to not get a sharp twinge when I moved the wrong way. You learn just how much you use your torso when moving around when you damage something in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom