What did you cook or eat today (May 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the last ‘Full English’ I ate in a caff in South Kensington (London) last October. Note: hash brown (keen observers will notice the hash brown peeking out from under the left side of my egg). :)

View attachment 85049

View attachment 85050

It is a frozen hash brown patty at that. :thumbsdown:

I'd much rather have those "tragic" country fried potatoes than a frozen hash brown puck.

CD

IMG_1623.JPG

My version of Chicken Broccoli
I use Broccolini, a much more tender vegetable IMHO
Also, I put in alot of grated fresh Ginger Root and use a light "brown sauce" not too much thicker, so it's thinner and also has garlic in it; very nice on the steamed White Rice :hungry:

It is a frozen hash brown patty at that. :thumbsdown:

I'd much rather have those "tragic" country fried potatoes than a frozen hash brown puck.

CD
Ooh, but Dawg, have you tried Trader Joe's Hash Brown Patties done in the AF?
IMG_1496.JPG

They're no where near to a puck, nice and crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside, YUM!
Braddah, you need for come my house and I make you some ono kine grinz !! (she says in her Hawaii-speak :whistling:)

I made what I'm calling Loaded Pasta Salad

View attachment 85047

I like to leave Salads like this to sit the `fridge at least a day to marry their flavors.
What I'll do for DH's supper tomorrow is serve this over a lovely Chopped Salad: Romaine, Cucumber, Tomato and more Onion, and then add some Anchovy Fillets atop it all.
He'll be heaven.
I gave him a taste test small bowl this afternoon and he asked, "is this for dinner tonight?"
NOPE!
Manana
I'm going out with my Neighborhood Gal Pals for linner (late lunch/early dinner) at a small joint across the ways a bit and then back over to the neighborhood next to us for a night of Bingo ... so excited! :hyper:

I liked this 👆 salad better than 👇 this salad

IMG_1513.JPG

I'd managed to get some fresh shiitake and fresh oyster mushrooms at the weekend but only half the quantity and they were not cheap (mushrooms are not cheap in Australia nor is the variety very good in supermarkets. these were bought at a 'local' 'organic' cafe that sells veg including raw olives which took me by surprise...

So I cooked this recipe that I'd intended to easy over the 4 nights hubby was in hospital... only he's now being discharged early so plans have altered a touch!

Luckily I ignored the quantities for some if the spices. Usually I double most herbs and spices, but I took one look at this recipe which called for
2 stalks of lemongrass
2inches of fresh ginger
2 fresh red chillies
2 fresh green chilies
Coriander leaves
2 lime leaves
Zest & juice of 2 limes
Tamarind paste
Vegan fish sauce
5 cloves of garlic

And so on.

There's grind cumin, coriander and cinnamon yet...

Luckily I only put 1 green chilli in, half the lemongrass (the stalk I have is huge and with roots), half the ginger because this batch is very potent but even so I struggled with how spicy hot it was!

There are glass noodles in there I promise. I couldn't eat it all though. Too much and I was too distracted...

So I've just raided the cupboard and found I'm out of tinned coconut cream or coconut milk, including in the freezer where part tins get decanted and frozen, and finally found some evaporated coconut milk... it's slightly sweetened but it will have to do because I need to tone down that kick...

The greens are hidden under the mushrooms and tofu. No noodles in this one.

I'll have something similar for evening meal (didn't have brekkie today) to finish it before I collect hubby from hospital tomorrow morning...

Another pork chilli burger today with grass.

Notwithstanding that the burger patty itself contains chopped chillis I like to ensure that I can taste chillis in the burger. Mixed with raw onion and garlic.

And chips.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom