What did you cook or eat today (May 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrot & daikon pickle for banh mi.

Tbeet. Dish cooked slowly overnight by tradition but from all reports it’s better just 2-3 hours in the oven, I’ll have a fiddle with it another day but I won’t be cooking this recipe for it again.

If you want to look it up look for “David Chang recipe club tbeet”. It’s the only one I’ve seen that adds meat to the rice as well as submerging an entire chicken in it.

Tbeet. Dish cooked slowly overnight by tradition but from all reports it’s better just 2-3 hours in the oven, I’ll have a fiddle with it another day but I won’t be cooking this recipe for it again.

If you want to look it up look for “David Chang recipe club tbeet”. It’s the only one I’ve seen that adds meat to the rice as well as submerging an entire chicken in it. View attachment 85026
View attachment 85027

I'd never heard of Tbeet. But now I know. What was wrong with it?

I got my julienne peeler today and needed to test it out!

View attachment 85004

Those bits of the carrot that did not get julienne are no problem, I put them into my zip-top baggie of leftover bobs for the stock pot.

View attachment 85005

Sunday Supper for us two was a boneless Pork Loin Chop in the Air Fryer, leftover oven roasted Potatoes reheated with some of those julienne Carrots and the leftover bit of fresh Snow Peas from the other night, in a quick stir fry.
The Pork was a touch over cooked for me, but DH is good so long as there's Horseradish to top everything :rolleyes:
I think it's a very pretty looking plate myself ...

I'm glad the new julienne peeler worked OK! I have three. One 'Y' shaped cuts the same as yours, another 'Y' shaped cuts thinner finer and the third is a sort of mandolin.

We had a ton of leftover tortilla chips, so I made a skillet dip. Browned ground pork, then chopped up shrimp and garlic with cumin and chili powder. Deglazed with beer and hot sauce, then through in a brick of cream cheese along with mayo and monterey jack. Once everything was melted, topped with some more cheese and corn salsa and threw in the over for ten minutes.

Last edited:
I made what I'm calling Loaded Pasta Salad

IMG_1622.JPG

I like to leave Salads like this to sit the `fridge at least a day to marry their flavors.
What I'll do for DH's supper tomorrow is serve this over a lovely Chopped Salad: Romaine, Cucumber, Tomato and more Onion, and then add some Anchovy Fillets atop it all.
He'll be heaven.
I gave him a taste test small bowl this afternoon and he asked, "is this for dinner tonight?"
NOPE!
Manana
I'm going out with my Neighborhood Gal Pals for linner (late lunch/early dinner) at a small joint across the ways a bit and then back over to the neighborhood next to us for a night of Bingo ... so excited! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom