What did you cook or eat today (May 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not impressed with this:

These are pierogis, but they appear to be from the frozen section of the grocery store and barely baked, instead of pan-fried.

This is where we’re supposed to be eating for our anniversary dinner, but now we’re second-guessing it, based on the poor quality of our bar snack.

Not impressed with this:

View attachment 85559
These are pierogis, but they appear to be from the frozen section of the grocery store and barely baked, instead of pan-fried.

This is where we’re supposed to be eating for our anniversary dinner, but now we’re second-guessing it, based on the poor quality of our bar snack.

View attachment 85560
That indeed looks terrible! Pierogies are lovely when prepared right, such a dissapointment! I would say, go somewhere else while you can.

Not impressed with this:

View attachment 85559

View attachment 85560
OMG they look like fortune cookies from an American Chinese takeout, :laugh:

Well, lunch was a mess, but I knew it would be. :laugh:

We decided to cancel reservations for our evening meal. We’ll just have it another time. MrsT decided she wanted to go look for a couple of garden flags/banners, which meant the super-touristy “Amish” shops on the main road.

We did that, went in a couple of shops, didn’t find anything, and I’d found another potential place to eat, but then she mentioned she wanted a buttercream-filled doughnut from this restaurant/bakery she’s been going to since she was a kid, when she’d visit with her parents when they’d visit the area.

Well, at one time, this place was ok, and we used to eat here back in the 1990’s when we lived in Delaware. But sometime in the early 2000’s, they went through a massive expansion, added a hotel and a dinner theater space, and it just tanked.

Everything is straight from a can and just heated up, fried chicken way, way overdone, and even their baked goods, which are fine if you buy them from their separate bakery, sit out all day in the restaurant, the custard and cream pies weep and make the bottoms mushy…just terrible.

It’s pretty damning of a place when I say, “The best thing on the menu is the salad.” :laugh:

Even MrsT, who has a strong, strong emotional attachment to the place has finally said she’s done with it, and is no longer interested in eating there, which makes me happy, because I haven’t liked it since about 1996.

I was getting a bit hangry while I was running errands, so I stopped at our local Donut Food Truck and ordered this

IMG_1685.JPG

Smoked Chicken Street Tacos for $7.50, not bad.
The meat is a bit dry, but that Cilantro Lime Dressing is really making it, oh and another squeeze of lime and nicely hot Salsa.
I ate just one in the car and brought the other two home for later.
I'd say that she plied on a generous half cup of meat!

Not impressed with this:

View attachment 85559

View attachment 85560

The menu looks good, but those pierogis look terrible. They do look like frozen pierogis baked in the oven.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom