What did you cook or eat today (May 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Too tired to cook..

Last night in PA before heading back home. There’s a Chinese place next to a pizza place just down the street, so MrsT got something from the former and I got something from the latter.

Mine would have been very good, except it shifted in the car on the way back, and all the cheese and sauce slid off!

Last edited:
I went over to my Mother's apartment to do a bit of chores for her and finished about lunchtime.
I really wasn't hungry, but Mom wanted to eat. Her dining room at her new place wasn't open yet (too early), so we went to one her new favorite fast-casual restaurants.
I really like this place as well, and it's always busy. So I will send Mom over to find us a table, park herself while I go up to the counter to place our order. They hand you a card with some sort food item on it, you place that card on your table and the servers bring you your food. There's a self-service beverage bank with coffees, teas, soft drinks, water and the Wine or Beer is handed to you at the counter.

We shared a gorgeous Rueben Sandwich and a cup of Cream of Asparagus Soup (that's a mightily large cup of soup too).

IMG_1693.JPG
IMG_1692.JPG

The manager saw Mom and I pacing the dishes back and forth and was kind enough to bring us another plate, spoon and more of that lovely bread and butter.

Not pictured was a nice glass of White Wine for moi and a piece of Key Lime for Mom.
We didn't eat the bread and butter, so I asked for a small to-go box and both the bread, butter and pie went home with Mom. That'll make for nice supper for her later if she does get hungry.

I think that I'll go back there tomorrow and order more soup and pie as a take out for DH & I. :wink:

Using oven ready egg pasta sheets...One layer is spinach, another is diced zucchini, tomato, red onion, and the third is cottage cheese..A thin layer of tomato sauce in each layer, as I didn't want it to be a sloppy mess, and a bit of Parmesan, mozzarella and diced black olives on top. Then, I topped it up with some vegetable broth and baked for ah hour..

Using oven ready egg pasta sheets...One layer is spinach, another is diced zucchini, tomato, red onion, and the third is cottage cheese..A thin layer of tomato sauce in each layer, as I didn't want it to be a sloppy mess, and a bit of Parmesan, mozzarella and diced black olives on top. Then, I topped it up with some vegetable broth and baked for ah hour..
Roch, I'm going to nick this idea and share it on "that other forum".
A new gal is looking for cheap meals for a class she'll be instructing.

Ah - well maybe its your sausages. I don't know but I also had a sausage failure and a batter failure all in one here #37

It's experimenting; trying to get them as perfect as possible (for me). It took me weeks to discover how to cook acceptable chips in the airfryer and now I've almost got it licked. It looks like sausages are going to take a while also. I'll need to persevere because those sausages are the best tasting I've found available here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom