What did you cook or eat today (May 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt like cooking some Indonesian food. All three dishes are vegetarian. I made blado kentang ( spicy potatoes) , sajur lodeh ( vegetables in coconut sauce) and telor katjang ( eggs in peanut sauce) with rice.

IMG_1694.JPG

One of our favorite meals. So quick and easy. Frozen Chicken Tenders done in the oven rather than the Air Fryer (just easier for clean up) and assorted crudité. Not pictured is a small dish of Thai Sweet Chili sauce and Ranch Dressing for dipping. Dessert was Hot Caramel Sundaes with chopped Cashews on top.

Felt like cooking some Indonesian food. All three dishes are vegetarian. I made blado kentang ( spicy potatoes) , sajur lodeh ( vegetables in coconut sauce) and telor katjang ( eggs in peanut sauce) with rice.
Dee-licious!
I love Indonesian food, simply because it´s so versatile.
I learned to cook about a dozen Indonesian dishes about 15 years ago. Then I started to add to the repertoire. By 2014, I was doing Indonesian Food Courses at a local restaurant. Hilarious, in a sense, because I´ve never been to Indonesia and have only ONCE been to an Indonesian restaurant - but I started cooking up what I knew, people loved it, and I´ve increased my repertoire. By no means authentic, no doubt, but simple to prepare, delicious to eat, and wonderfully diverse.

Cooked yesterday but finishing up the leftovers today. Vietnamese Grilled Lemongrass Pork Belly. I've been to Vietnam a few times, but will never forget the first time in 2003 and smelt the intoxicatingly delightful smell of these wafting off those outside charcoal grills, now and then intensified as the lady or man attending them furiously fanned the embers. I'll post my recipe for these in the Recipe Challenge in a few days (probably Friday).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom